But every time I connect my blackberry to my computer it always recognizes it as if it were brand new or something and makes me go through the Found New Hardware Wizard. How can I fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 09:51 PM
    Mine doesn't do that.
    03-08-09 10:25 PM
    Yea mine cretainly doesn't do that. Make you have you have the desktop application installed properly

03-08-09 10:34 PM
    I do have the Desktop Manager installed properly.
    03-08-09 10:36 PM
    Hmmm mine doesn't either but it almost sounds like a usb issue, not quite sure though.
    03-08-09 10:38 PM
    My desktop which runs on windows XP does that with my 8900, but my laptop which runs on Vista does not. I don't think it is anything to worry about.
    03-08-09 10:39 PM
    Nor does mine. Make sure you select 'remember this device' or whatnot (if that comes up)
    03-08-09 10:40 PM
    nope... don't have that problem either
    03-08-09 10:41 PM
    Try using DM 4.6 in you are using 4.7.

It is something to worry about because it isn't normal at all.

No its not going to kill you or your pets, but its something to worry about.

03-08-09 10:44 PM
    I get that problem when i am upgrading OS's When i delete the old OS and plug in i get this. Maybe un-installing the Old OS before upgrading uninstalls the 8900 device driver.
    03-08-09 10:46 PM
    Windows XP or Vista?

This ONLY happens if I plug the blackberry into a new USB port that I have not done in the past, but most likely the drivers for the device are not installed proper if anything, or theres a physical USB issue.

Try to reinstall DM from scratch, and reconnect the device.. also try to use the same USB port.

You can go into the actual OS of the system to find out if this is a USB driver issue on the OS side (of the PC) ((Device Manager to see if your USB ports are correctly installed)) <-- I doubt this is it, but it doesnt hurt to check.

But every time I connect my blackberry to my computer it always recognizes it as if it were brand new or something and makes me go through the Found New Hardware Wizard. How can I fix this?

03-08-09 10:50 PM
    Ok, seriously, dont pay attention to this guys post. lol... Its NOT something to worry about. My 8320 did the same thing for months and then quit. My 8900 hasnt done it though. It may be annoying, but definitely nothing to WORRY about.

Try using DM 4.6 in you are using 4.7.

It is something to worry about because it isn't normal at all.

No its not going to kill you or your pets, but its something to worry about.

03-08-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD