Hey guys....

Well my curve 8900 has been acting strange the last 2 days..at first i thought it was a trackball issue because it's not letting me move as i'd like it but it does click enter. Today i went to get the trackball replaced and it's still not working. I noticed some other weird things, i was bbming someone and as i was writting the curser started flashing quick and weird letters started replacing the normal letters i was typing. I wiped the device and installed the latest OS ..and still nada! i went to rogers they gave me the number to data support and told me to call them in regards to getting a new phone since im still under warranty...

Has anyone ever had this problem?
    06-24-09 02:24 AM
    Sounds a lot like moisture infiltration. Do you take in the bathroom during a shower, or carry it in your pocket while sweating. Did it get wet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:10 AM
    I am so sorry for your loss..
    06-24-09 03:12 AM
    I would have just had it exchanged through warranty. When the trackball was replaced hopefully the white sticker on one of the hex screws was also replaced.

06-24-09 03:18 AM
    Yeah I do take it into the bathroom when i shower. AND **** i just looked no the sticker is gone! the stupid man didn't put it back once he finished screwing the phone back
    06-24-09 10:58 AM
    Sounds like he either screwed something up or therE was enough humidity to build up enough condensation to cause a short circuit. Try taking the battery out and Ziploc the device in a bag of uncooked rice or pasta for 24 hours. This will draw moisture out. You may get lucky if there is no permanent damage. But, at this point, not sounding very promising.

06-24-09 11:29 AM
    I tried putting it in a bag of uncooked rice for a while didn't do anything. I guess i'll have to use my warranty and have my phone replaced.
    06-24-09 11:11 PM
    I think you might have to exchange it. Sounds like water damage.
    06-24-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD