While doing a server replacement at work, one of the guys helping was showing me his MyTouch and expounding on all its virtues. Naturally I was interested because I had often gone back and forth between it and the 8900 when trying to decide what to get. I played with it for a while and although I found it cool and interesting at first, it occurred to me in very short order that as cool as it was, that's about all it really had to offer me. Sure, it had 3G and all of that but just doing all that fancing finger swiping and all, it just seemed to take a little longer to actually get anything done. I've finally figured out that the best reason to own a Berry is it's simplicity in getting things done and its straight forward approach. I love eye candy as much as the next person, but when the day is done, I just want to do what I want to do. You can keep the fancy stuff.
    08-20-09 07:06 AM
    Welcome to the 8900 BB World!!!
    08-20-09 07:18 AM
    While doing a server replacement at work, one of the guys helping was showing me his MyTouch and expounding on all its virtues. Naturally I was interested because I had often gone back and forth between it and the 8900 when trying to decide what to get. I played with it for a while and although I found it cool and interesting at first, it occurred to me in very short order that as cool as it was, that's about all it really had to offer me. Sure, it had 3G and all of that but just doing all that fancing finger swiping and all, it just seemed to take a little longer to actually get anything done. I've finally figured out that the best reason to own a Berry is it's simplicity in getting things done and its straight forward approach. I love eye candy as much as the next person, but when the day is done, I just want to do what I want to do. You can keep the fancy stuff.
    Agree 100%

And welcome to the "Blackberry World" not jus the 8900 world...
    08-20-09 07:23 AM
    Well put! Totally agree.
    08-20-09 07:30 AM
    Agree 100%

And welcome to the "Blackberry World" not jus the 8900 world...
    I've actually been part of the BB world off and on for a long time. I got my new 8900 last Friday but given how much I spent on it, I wanted to be very sure that this is what I wanted. I can now rest easy. Touch screens are cool and interesting for a while but I think I'd tire of it quickly unless it was something like the Pre or Treo but I'm now pretty much sold on Blackberry's so I can't see much reason in ever changing. Some people complain about how BB is old and outdated compared to all that fancy stuff out there but I say that's what's so great about it. It gives you a lot of new technology in a simple no frills approach. This can sometimes appear plain and outdated but you just can't beat it for actually getting things done quickly. I use Docs to Go a lot and can't understand why there are people who never use this app. BB is, first and foremost, a business tool and this app is essential to most businesses. Now, if you are one of the new generation of BB owners who just wants to have one, then fine but lets all remember the roots of the BB is based in supporting the business minded consumer. To that end, BB succeeds magnificently.
    08-20-09 07:42 AM
    As someone who left the BB world for a short while (a very short while) to try out the G1 I couldn't agree more. At first the coolness factor of the G1 was....well....cool, but eventually that goes away and you're left with nothing but frustration. Next thing you know you're giving away the G1 and going straight to a carrier store to buy an 8900 lol. The whole fancy frills crap just ends up getting in the way and it just slows me down.

Oh...and +1 on docs to go...that and ideamatrix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 01:30 AM
    I recently been playing with an iphone for a couple weeks that is locked and jailbroken (did this myself). Yeah the iphone and touchscreen are all cool but there is some comfort with the BB. When using the iphone I kept thing to myself that on my BB it would be different, better, or easier. There are features that are neat on the iphone but overall I'll stick to my 8900.
    08-21-09 04:19 PM
    I think the 8900 is one **** of a sexy phone, looks better than the my touch
    08-21-09 05:08 PM
    This is why I always have an issue with people saying they don't want a BB because it's too complicated, when really if they just tried playing with it for a bit, they'd find it's one of the most straightforward pieces of electronics you can own. Devices like the iPhone are cool, but they're too gimmicky and focus on a couple cool features instead of working on things like seamless integration between apps and multitasking that really can make a phone far better in the long run.
    08-21-09 05:09 PM
    i had both the g1 and the MT3G....bb 8900all the way...i like that it does what it does 100% of the time...its like a cinderblock of goodness
    08-21-09 06:22 PM
    My cousin is getting a mytouch as a backup to his Storm. I don't understand why
    08-21-09 07:18 PM
    While doing a server replacement at work, one of the guys helping was showing me his MyTouch and expounding on all its virtues. Naturally I was interested because I had often gone back and forth between it and the 8900 when trying to decide what to get. I played with it for a while and although I found it cool and interesting at first, it occurred to me in very short order that as cool as it was, that's about all it really had to offer me.
    I stopped by the T-Mobile store the other day and took a look at the MyTouch. It was nice but it didn't tempt me for a millisecond to consider it over my 8900.

Plus, while they look nice, full screens are very overrated.

I still contend that the 8900 is the smokin' hottest phone on the market right now.
    08-21-09 09:22 PM
    I have the mytouch right now and it is ok....but I am taking it back when the 14 day trial is up and sticking with the 8900. I really just wanted to play with or bur it is missing to many features for it to be my daily phone.

08-21-09 09:31 PM
    Yep agrees the only touch phone I'd consider swaping to would be the storm / storm 2 when it comes out.

08-22-09 01:58 AM
    i agree i left for the G1 has its pros and cons but didnt sit well went back to a 8900 but kept my G1 as a data only phone so i get the best of both worlds but will NEVER leave a berry again fa sho
    08-22-09 11:55 AM
    If I need to do serious data stuff, I'll jump on a computer. I'm generally not far away from one. I am VERY happy with what my 8900 is capable of. Everything else is just a toy.
    08-26-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD