03-03-09 10:14 AM
29 12
tools
    Just got my 8900 and like it so far, but for us poor loyal Sidekick users...ack! Going to have to get used to holding this phone a certain way so it feels a bit more secure in my hands. Does having a gel protector around it help you feel a bit more stability?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:51 AM
    First of all, welcome to crackberry! And next yeah it would be wise to get some sort of cover on it. Better to be safe than sorry.
    02-14-09 12:56 AM
    Yes I found that the silicone case on my berry made it more firm or more secure in my hands

02-14-09 01:47 AM
    Yes I found that the silicone case on my berry made it more firm or more secure in my hands

Love the fone and u will never drop it... :-) welcome to crackberry

02-14-09 01:55 AM
    That's the worse advice I have ever heard. I love my phone but that didn't have any effect on me dropping it. I"m glad I had the Zagg IS on it ... too bad the phone landed on the corner where the IS did not protect it.
    02-14-09 01:57 AM
    Hey there! I came from a Sidekick too.

What I should tell you is to be patient with the keyboard. It is will take a while to get used to and yes, you will make some mistakes. However, in a week or two you should be fine. Best thing about BB is you can type with one hand...can't do that with a sidekick!

And yes, get the gel silcion case. Its my favourite one thus far and protects my phone from "dings".

02-14-09 02:51 AM
    I agree. I too once was a sidekick user but I called it something else aka the ****kick. It took a bit of time, like everyone is saying. Just be patient and soon you will be addicted to your BB! Believe me its a whole new world!! And most of all WELCOME!

What I should tell you is to be patient with the keyboard. It is will take a while to get used to and yes, you will make some mistakes. However, in a week or two you should be fine. Best thing about BB is you can type with one hand...can't do that with a sidekick!

And yes, get the gel silcion case. Its my favourite one thus far and protects my phone from "dings".

02-14-09 04:46 AM
    i put case on mine as soon a i took it out of the box!!
    02-18-09 01:23 AM
    I agree. I too once was a sidekick user but I called it something else aka the ****kick. It took a bit of time, like everyone is saying. Just be patient and soon you will be addicted to your BB! Believe me its a whole new world!! And most of all WELCOME!

Haha, I swear, any berry is better than a Sidekick. I'm so happy now that I can install free apps, put my own ringtones on it as well as wallpaper and all without paying a cent. I hated how Sidekicks weren't customizable and gosh, they were sooooo slow over EDGE.
    02-18-09 01:44 AM
    Yeah I had the LX before and it was annoying after a while. 2.50 for a 15 second ringtone is stupid.

02-18-09 02:00 AM
    Just learn how to hold it and type sideways. Prob solved. NEXT!
    02-18-09 02:09 AM

Yep, got 3 of the silicone cases. Dropped my phone in the bathroom last nite. Not a scratch. Also have a BSE on the screen.
    02-18-09 02:15 AM
    That's the worse advice I have ever heard. I love my phone but that didn't have any effect on me dropping it. I"m glad I had the Zagg IS on it ... too bad the phone landed on the corner where the IS did not protect it.
    How is the functionality on your phone after you dropped it? Getting any decreased quality when talking on it? or any out of the ordinary?
    03-02-09 12:33 PM
    How is the functionality on your phone after you dropped it? Getting any decreased quality when talking on it? or any out of the ordinary?
    Other than the dinged up Bezel (black replacement on the way from cnn) everything else is great!
    03-02-09 01:12 PM
    Other than the dinged up Bezel (black replacement on the way from cnn) everything else is great!
    Sounds great, can't wait for the pics to be upped once you install it!
    03-02-09 01:35 PM
    To bad you cant find the oem case locally. I ordered mine from amazon. This thing is so lite I feel it will fly out of my hand. Maybe ill put some wings on it so it will glide down.
    03-02-09 01:53 PM
    I almost dropped mine through the cracks of stairs that had 4 flights straight up, lol
    03-02-09 02:06 PM
    Get the Seido Innocase II it is great and doesn't pick up lint like the gel one does. I have both, but the gel one just sits at home.
    03-02-09 02:35 PM
    That's the one I ordered, ClintRo. Just waiting for it to get here.

03-02-09 04:11 PM
    I feel your pain. I've had sidekicks for years, until I switched to the G1 a month ago which is held in the same direction while typing (lol). The 8900 that I just got today comes with a clear case. I think they are better than gel cases, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try both. Maybe you should just buy one and see...

Anyone use screen protectors?
    03-02-09 05:03 PM
    i suggest getting the seidio innocase II
    03-02-09 06:14 PM
    I wish they would have incorporated the grippy sides that they had on the original Curve... those grips actually make a difference
    03-02-09 07:16 PM
    I wish they would have incorporated the grippy sides that they had on the original Curve... those grips actually make a difference
    There is rubbery grip on the 8900 sides, what are you talking about?
    03-02-09 07:17 PM
    i ordered my 8900 today, just joined here, got the "loyal plan" with unlimited right when i called tmo. I have had every SKick they've ever had... so this should be interesting! and i am all about some free apps.
    Last edited by petaholic; 03-03-09 at 11:45 PM.
    03-02-09 08:32 PM
    I'm also coming from a SK LX. They are so annoying. I've been waiting for the 8900 for months! But I will finally be getting it this Friday, hopefully!

Can't wait!
    03-02-09 10:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD