I had it on charge for about 2 hours and its fully charged already.... I heard some people saying to charge it overnight.. How long should I charge it? What did you guys do?

Thanks
    01-28-09 01:44 PM
    I charged my new BB's until they were fully charged. It depends on the initial charge of the battery, how long that takes.

I just read the review on that little beauty. Can't wait to get mine...in a year. kicking myself for buying the Flip but, I had no idea this was coming out at that time.
    01-28-09 01:46 PM
    You can charge it as little or as long as you like as it is a Lithium Ion battery. They do not have the "memory" that the old NiMH batteries have.
    01-28-09 09:01 PM
    i have just got bb 8900 curve and trying to charge it for the first time, when i first put phone on charge a red light flashes up but then vanishes after 30 seconds. any ideas?
    04-22-10 02:43 AM
    If you have a new phone they usually have some charge. If the battery is dead you will get a red light until the phone has enough power to boot. Leave it plugged in until the light is green then use.
    04-22-10 04:47 AM
    Most LIons come with a charge, or they should anyhow. Shipping a LIon is usually done with a 40% charge as it lasts the longest. Storing a LIon with a 100% charge will cause it to discharge more quickly when sitting idle than if it's at 40%.

And letting the battery voltage fall too low can cause more damage than it would take on from normal operations as these batteries are like produce, they have a finite shelf life.
    04-22-10 10:27 AM
    Tigers don't usually come with a charge. Jk :-D. I usually charge mine until it's fully charged. Maybe wait an hour or two after being fully charged if the battery came below 40% charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 03:36 AM
    Just charge till it is fully charged, your battery icon will help you determine when it is fully charged. The red light flashed for me when my battery is fully drained but stops once it is charged for about 5 min.
    04-23-10 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD