I can seem to figure out how to get an 8900 unlocked tmobile berry to work with at&t. voice and sms works ok. Internet doesn't as I'm sure I have to change some tcp info?

Can anyone give me details? I'm not interested in signing up for any berry email plan with at&T so that part isn't important and I have a data plan with at&t that would cover internet with berry I assume.

Thanks for the details.
    02-13-10 06:34 PM
    I would think service books should take care of this.
    02-13-10 06:48 PM
    And exactly how would I go about doing that?

Thanks
    02-13-10 06:49 PM
    You may have to ensure you are using the hotspot browser as the normal browser will proxy through RIM's servers and will not work without a BB data plan. Not sure if the hotspot will either. You may need to download opera or bolt on your desktop and install them via DM. You could also save yourself the frustration and get a BB data plan. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 06:53 PM
    I can seem to figure out how to get an 8900 unlocked tmobile berry to work with at&t. voice and sms works ok. Internet doesn't as I'm sure I have to change some tcp info?

Can anyone give me details? I'm not interested in signing up for any berry email plan with at&T so that part isn't important and I have a data plan with at&t that would cover internet with berry I assume.

Thanks for the details.
    A generic data plan will not allow push email or any of RIM's apps to work. You also will not be able to send or receive MMS, since that uses data.

The only Internet that will work will be Wi-Fi unless you get a BlackBerry data plan.
    02-13-10 06:58 PM
    go to your carriers website where you would setup your email and request service books there. Im sure this is all it needs. I have a 8900 from a different company and thats all i did.
    02-14-10 11:41 AM
    go to your carriers website where you would setup your email and request service books there. Im sure this is all it needs. I have a 8900 from a different company and thats all i did.
    you also need to type in the new IMEI and PIN in the BIS account. then send service books.
    02-16-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD