I noticed my IP is in Canada which is understandable.

But is there a way to get a US based IP? since a lot of there formats differ from ours.
    06-24-09 05:08 PM
    Lol. Jon Postel would get a huge laugh from this statement. RIP Jon. Your vision remains.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 08:07 PM
    I noticed my IP is in Canada which is understandable.

But is there a way to get a US based IP? since a lot of there formats differ from ours.
    I seriously hope you're joking...

An IP address given to your phone is strictly provider based and cannot be changed, however, if you were to use WiFi, it would depend on the default gateway and DHCP settings of your router. For example, D-Link uses 192.168.0.x and Linksys uses 192.168.1.x

Even behind a router, you're still getting to the internet through the same, region based public IP address.
    06-24-09 10:02 PM
    This thread is a train wreck. I think the poster wants to spoof his ip which is technically possible but I don't think any hax exist yet that would provide a HideMyIP like funkshionality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:40 PM
    The best way to do this would be to have a VPN account with a provided that was US-based. Not to sound like an ***, but if you didn't know that you can't just magically belong to a different country's IP number assignment, you're probably going to have some trouble setting one up. What is it that you're trying to accomplish?
    06-24-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD