I want to create a folder in "my pictures" that I can place a PIN on, so that it is only accessible by me. How do I go about it?
    This is not as sordid as it sounds!

x
    02-26-10 05:30 AM
    Oh, and clearly I meant "create". I've always struggled with 6 letter words.
    02-26-10 05:31 AM
    I want to create a folder in "my pictures" that I can place a PIN on, so that it is only accessible by me. How do I go about it?
    This is not as sordid as it sounds!

x
    I have an 8330 but I do it this way:
    Media/Pictures/MyPictures/Menu/New Folder

Once you have the new folder created, to make it invisible or hidden (a way to keep it from other people's eyes)Highlight folder/Menu/Properties/check the box for HIDDEN/Close

This means you have created a folder that exists and now you have hidden it from regular view. You may still find it however.

This is the only way I know of for free to hide a folder.
    Maybe someone else knows if you can use your PIN to password protect...although I doubt that is possible.
    02-26-10 06:09 AM
    I believe I read a thread that talked about a 3rd party app that can lock a folder, but I do not remember... you might want to check the 3rd party apps forum
    02-26-10 07:02 AM
    just beware.. if you have an IT savvy gf or bf they get very mad about that stuff lol. "What are you trying to hide from me, huh" lol
    02-26-10 09:48 PM
    Theres an app for that =)
    02-26-10 09:52 PM
    Needs to be an application as the only way to secure folders without it is to enable the encryption mode via the options menu so that the memory card cannot be accessed either without the device password, or without the device and password in sync.
    03-03-10 09:36 AM
    Use Password Keeper - you can keep all kinds of info there and it requires a password to access ...just a thought
    03-03-10 01:25 PM
    Use Password Keeper - you can keep all kinds of info there and it requires a password to access ...just a thought
    Yeah but can you keep media in there??
    03-03-10 03:44 PM
    Thanks guys.
    03-09-10 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD