How do I clean my keys so they will quit sticking,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:33 PM
    well I see you have a pearl... my first advice was to start texting more to break them in but i hav'nt even seen a pearl in 3 years...so my next advice is stop spilling on them??
    04-20-10 10:39 PM
    I am using an 8900 but there
    s no spillage. Can I somehow clean the buttons?

04-20-10 11:18 PM
    Not too sure what's causing this if there was nothing spilled on the phone. You can try an air dusted between the keys. That will only help if there is solid debris under there. If it is from a spill, your other option would be to open up the phone (if you're comfortable with doing that) and giving it a cleaning. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum with video instructions on taking the 8900 apart.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-21-10 08:22 AM
    Thanks.. I changed the face plate on my Pearl and it wasn't so bad.. I'm sure this wouldn't be too much different. I have the tools to do it with and all. What would be the best thing to use to clean the keys? Denatured alcohol?

P

osted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cherryjuice; 04-21-10 at 10:14 AM.
    04-21-10 10:09 AM
    Alcohol should be fine... Just make sure everything is dry before putting the device back together.

04-21-10 10:14 AM
    use hand sanitizer. with a qtip
    04-21-10 11:20 AM
    Hand sanitizer? I guess that makes sense.. It would dry rather fast. Any1 else tried this?

04-21-10 12:21 PM
    8900 is fairly easy to disassemble. Be careful taking the middle housing off (the part that has the side keys). Don't put pressure on the headset jack, lift the opposite side up first to slip the jack away from the hole in the middle housing. With the keyboard out, I use a toothbrush and soapy water to scrub it, rinse it well, and use canned air to get all of the moisture out. Use rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip to clean everything else, including the trackball since it's out.

If your keys are still sticking after cleaning, you might need a new keyboard.
    04-21-10 09:32 PM
    You can always cut down on the sexting, too.
    04-21-10 09:40 PM
    You can always cut down on the sexting, too.
    . My husband says this is a bad idea lol

04-23-10 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD