Hi guys. I have a BB Curve 8900 and want to know how I can assign my Blackberry a password but only asks for it when the phone is being turned on. I know that you can assign a password by going to options > password but that only assigns a password when the phone is being locked and unlocked. Is there any way to assign a password only at start up and not when the phone is being locked? Thanks in advance.
    06-20-09 05:32 AM
    Assign a SIM PIN. Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card > press the BB/menu button > Enable Security.
    06-20-09 06:25 AM
    Assign a SIM PIN. Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card > press the BB/menu button > Enable Security.
    It is a solution, but does not securely protect your device. The finder can remove/change the sim and is able to start the device and have access to your personal data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:07 AM
    It is a solution, but does not securely protect your device. The finder can remove/change the sim and is able to start the device and have access to your personal data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not if you get a password for the Device as well... I recently just lost my 8320 and i had a password to both, even though i never found it again i know that someone will never be able to open it
    06-20-09 08:44 AM
    I use passwords for both, sim and device and a 3rd for password keeper and they're all different. I have many important info stored.
    06-20-09 10:29 AM
    i think the OP only wants a password on start up... so right after a battery pull... the only way to do that is like what savioAMG said... anything else will require you do enter in a password everytime it locks
    06-20-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD