My wife just got a Curve and we are both new to this. We are trying to use the Blackberry provided software to transfer all her calendar and contacts to her new Curve. She has about 5700 records to transfer. It goes through and gets to record 5268 of 5700 then comes to a screeching halt and the program locks up. I've tried rebooting a few time, reinstalling the Blackberry software, etc. The prospect of hand entering it all isn't very appealing. We don't have Outlook on the desktop as possibility for an intermediary.

Any thoughts of what we can try next???

Manhy thanks,

GM
    04-04-09 12:57 PM
    I believe Desktop Manger device switch wizard will do this for you. Check out the 101 lectures, I have a link in my signature.
    Last edited by aristile; 04-04-09 at 02:06 PM.
    04-04-09 02:02 PM
    I had problems getting my contacts from outlook to my berry.
    How I did it was uploaded my contacts to gmail and then used google sync to get them to my berry.
    I know this isn't the same problem as you are having but if you can somehow get the calendar uploaded to google calendar you could then use google sync to get it on the berry.
    This was also the only way I could find to add moon phases and holidays to the calendar without using a paid app to do so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:20 PM
    I tried the Device Manager but that was what froze every time after going through most, but not all, of her Palm records. The upload to Google and back down to Palm idea might work. I wish I could just figure out why the Device Manager won't transfer the records, i.e. why it keeps getting stuck on the same record.
    04-04-09 03:26 PM
    I tried the Device Manager but that was what froze every time after going through most, but not all, of her Palm records. The upload to Google and back down to Palm idea might work. I wish I could just figure out why the Device Manager won't transfer the records, i.e. why it keeps getting stuck on the same record.
    The same thing happened to me. It would freeze up about 90% of the way through. After several attempts, I spoke with Blackberry and they said they had a problem importing from Palm Desktop and Palm Handhelds (despite the fact that Rim markets the BB desktop to do that very thing). The solution they gave me was to sync the Palm device with Outlook and then sync Outlook with the Storm. It worked, but it's not a great solution unless you have access to Outlook. Hopefully the Google method will work for you.
    04-06-09 02:04 PM
    I don't know if this would help, but you could try to figure out which contact is nunber 5268 and you could see if there is something in the Palm file that isn't compatible with the BB file. I had a similar problem where mine would sync until a certain file and then an error message would come up - so I went through the files and found that I had a corrupted ringtone on one file which froze the sync process.
    04-06-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD