I was wondering if there is anyway to allow receipt of longer messages without them being broken up into multiple text.....

Just got the 8900 last week and don't know if im missin an option. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    04-06-09 04:55 PM
    From another post on CB....

SMS was designed to deliver short bursts of data such as numerical pages. To avoid overloading the system with more than the standard forward-and-response operation, the inventors of SMS agreed on a 160-character maximum message size.

But the 160-character limit is not absolute. Length limitations may vary depending on the network, phone model and wireless carrier. Some phones don't allow you to keep typing once the 160-character limit is reached. You must send your message before continuing. However, some services will automatically break any message you send into chunks of 160 characters or less. So, you can type and send a long message, but it will be delivered as several messages.
    04-06-09 05:03 PM
    thanks for the response. yeah, my pearl used to let me receive longer messages then my new Curve 8900 does....Kinda let down by that, expected it to allow more. Thanks though.
    04-06-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD