IM TRYING TO SYNC WITH ITUNES SO i CAN DOWNLOAD RINGTONE, WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD BLACKBERRY MEDIA SYNC, I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT DESKTOP MANAGER HAS STOPPED WORKING. ALSO I DOWNLOADED A RINGTONE FROM HERE BUT CANT FIGURE HOW TO GET IT ON MY PHONE, PLEASE HELP
    03-06-09 09:03 PM
    Just plug your phone into your computer and then use it as a flash drive. You can then transfer your files into the ringtones folder by accessing your Blackberry in "My Computer".

You need to make sure Mass Storage Mode is enabled and you can check this setting in Options > Memory.
    03-06-09 09:43 PM
    IM TRYING TO SYNC WITH ITUNES SO i CAN DOWNLOAD RINGTONE, WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD BLACKBERRY MEDIA SYNC, I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT DESKTOP MANAGER HAS STOPPED WORKING. ALSO I DOWNLOADED A RINGTONE FROM HERE BUT CANT FIGURE HOW TO GET IT ON MY PHONE, PLEASE HELP
    03-06-09 09:50 PM
    Phil ... that was AWESOME!!! HAHA!
    03-06-09 10:05 PM
    sorry didnt get that
    03-06-09 10:19 PM
    thanks, but I really didnt get that, I did plug phone into computer, i dont know what you mean by flash drive, and I dont have a my computer icon
    03-06-09 10:24 PM
    What are you using PC? Mac? Something Else? Have you never used a USB flash drive before?
    03-06-09 10:33 PM
    dell laptop, nope sorry, dont know what a flash drive is,
    03-06-09 10:51 PM
    How can you not have used a flash drive before? Anyway, here's the steps.

1. On your phone check:
    Options > Memory > Media Card Support = On
    Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support = On
    Options > Memory > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes or Prompt

2. Make sure a memory card is in your phone.

3. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable

4. If you have a password, your phone will ask you for it now.

5. On your computer click: Start > My Computer. A window will open.

6. A drive letter will be listed (it is different on each computer so I don't know what the letter will be on your computer) and it will say "Blackberry". Double-click this.

7. You will now see your Blackberry memory card folders. Find the folder for the ringtones and then copy what you want in there.

8. Once it is finished copying unplug your Blackberry and use your ringtone.
    03-06-09 11:17 PM
    Feedback ... did you get it?
    03-07-09 12:23 AM
    Lysa, a flashdrive is one of those little memory sticks one plugs into a computer's USB port. People drag files from the computer onto them so you can transport the files to another computer. Did Ari's advice help? It was pretty good I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 01:22 AM
    She wants to sync it with her iTunes in DM, she doens't simply want to just copy files over.
    03-07-09 09:53 AM
    Dont download media sync through the desktop manager. You can get it from the Blackberry website directly and install it to your computer.
    03-07-09 10:04 AM
    Dont download media sync through the desktop manager. You can get it from the Blackberry website directly and install it to your computer.
    Agreed, but the BB site for downloading mediasync is down.
    03-07-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD