So my 8900 replacement came in and I need to backup my current one. When I try to back it up, I get an "autotext data version" error. Ive done a battery pull twice, restarted both computer and DM with no luck. Says the same thing each time.
    03-13-09 08:10 PM
    hi cartoon - try doing it with the "switch wizard device" to back up your info to the new 8900. see if that works. good luck!
    03-13-09 08:19 PM
    Did you have any beta themes active when you tried to back up (themes other than the 2 that came with the phone)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:40 PM
    Nope. Nothing beta. I tried what Shelli said and it worked. Thanks for all of the help.

Did you have any beta themes active when you tried to back up (themes other than the 2 that came with the phone)?

03-13-09 08:54 PM
    Hey cartoon-glad it worked for ya!

03-13-09 09:32 PM
    Any ideas for a database error. I get about half way through and get an error stating "error backing up databases"
    In the backup process it is at the final stages of message list options.
    Btw it is a bold. Thanks

Last edited by kumplocke; 03-30-09 at 08:41 PM.
    03-30-09 08:38 PM
    Clear out your Broweser History, Cache, etc. It has been known to cause Back-up Issues, even tho it is stuck in messages or whatever. It's most likely the browser cache.
    03-31-09 03:37 AM
    Im having exactly the same problem as Kumplocke,

I have a Bold and if I attemp a back up it gets just over half way threw then I get the error box stating "Error with message datbasses"

Ive tried clearing the cache and all the other things like the cookies ect- however whaterver I try the manager will not allow a backup.

I have however use the advanced settings which allows you to select what you want to keep or remove and I copied all items with a count figure next to it.
    Does this count as being similar to a backup as the PC appears to have held that data, would I be able to restore this data at a latter date ?

more inportantly, WHY cant I back up my Bold ?

any ideas welcome.
    04-06-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD