I have two questions concerning my Javelin.

1)It seems to freeze a lot when I am loading information via data streaming. I'm assuming it's because of too much data being taken in and the OS can't handle it however if its not then I should probably replace the phone. Just wondering what everyone's experiences with the 8900 are. Might be just a bug with the OS.

2)Is there a mobile version of Adobe Flash? will there ever be?
    06-06-09 01:15 PM
    I have two questions concerning my Javelin.

1)It seems to freeze a lot when I am loading information via data streaming. I'm assuming it's because of too much data being taken in and the OS can't handle it however if its not then I should probably replace the phone. Just wondering what everyone's experiences with the 8900 are. Might be just a bug with the OS.

What OS are you running? I believe .231 is the latest release and it could be an OS issue. Hows your memory looking? Do you have apps running in the background?

There is no BB to date that supports Flash. Hopefully that will change.

Hit up the 8900 Forum for more info.
    06-06-09 01:30 PM

What exactly is "loading information via data streaming"???

Are you watching youtube videos??? I've seen my screens freeze up if I'm not using my wifi connection... EDGE is not fast enough to keep up with the download speeds. I've heard 3G is faster, but it's not worth leaving TMO for AT&T... AT&T wants too much for their data plan.

The flash question has been answered... maybe someday, but not right now.
    06-06-09 04:14 PM
    What OS are you running? I believe .231 is the latest release and it could be an OS issue. Hows your memory looking? Do you have apps running in the background?

There is no BB to date that supports Flash. Hopefully that will change.

Hit up the 8900 Forum for more info.
    I am running the latest OS. The device memory is at abut 120mb and it does fluctuate through out the day.

What exactly is "loading information via data streaming"???

Are you watching youtube videos??? I've seen my screens freeze up if I'm not using my wifi connection... EDGE is not fast enough to keep up with the download speeds. I've heard 3G is faster, but it's not worth leaving TMO for AT&T... AT&T wants too much for their data plan.

The flash question has been answered... maybe someday, but not right now.
    Let me answer your question; I would be looking for an address on poynt and when I ask directions for that address, google maps loads up and the phone locks while loading. Now this happens usually after the phone has been on for some time and I am beginning to suspect that there might be some kind of memory leak but I don't have any programs running in the background. I have Pandora, Viigo, Navita translation pro, google maps, and poynt however I think Navita is running in the background because whenever I check my menu in a program, Navita is at the top of the list, asking me if I want to translate.

Thanks a lot for your help fatboy97 and jgutie6634, it is so much better then dealing with those jerks at my T-mobile store.
    06-07-09 08:45 AM
    Sorry for the double post but I have to bump this thread.

Anyway, the phone continues to freeze whenever I try to run apps, for example, sometimes while it is loading a page from the browser, it would just unexpectedly freeze and I would have to give it a hard reset. I am very indecisive right now about what I should do.

I am running an update right now, I had OS .114 (I think) installed. After wards I'll report my result
    Last edited by Guus8900; 06-10-09 at 06:10 PM.
    06-10-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD