Hi everyone, I have not upgraded since.231 until yesterday when I went to the latest beta for os5 (314 I think). Didn't really ook intop it much and lost bbm contacts and facebook. Decided to go back to the latest official os but for some reason I can't get it too load, have tried searching but when I go down the route of common files- rim- app loader the app loader exe is not there! Just loader? Or app loader dll. And it goes through the install process but leaves me with os 5. I have deleted the file from the pc as well! Like I say I thought I would be ok doing it as have never had a problem upgrading in past but this is the first time I have ever needed to downgrade!

Any help would be great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 06:26 AM
    1). Uninstall all OSs from your PC except the OS that you wish installed on your phone.
    2). If you use Desktop Manager version 4.7 or greater, unplug your internet connection before you stat.
    3). Delete vendor.xml from C:\program Files\Common Files\research In Motion\Apploader
    4). Connect your phone to a USB port directly connected to the PC and not via a USB hub
    5). Sync your phone to whatever you sync to.
    6). select Application Loader in DM and it should now Backup your phone and upgrade.

There is no need to wipe your phone, use Loader,exe or anything else. Just use Desktop Manager as RIM intend. I upgrade about 2 phones a week and I either do it this way or, I use CrackMem which makes the whole process easier.

To use CrackMem, follow these instaructions to the letter.

To install or upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed on your PC.

Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

CrackMem from http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/. Please download and install it and then read the Help file. It will really help you as it has a step-by-step guide to upgrading.

The OS that you are searching for. To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or in the Sticky at the top of the relevant device forum on CrackBerry. You can also obtain this from your carrier from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp. Remove all other OS installations from your PC.

This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ Procedure will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.

The whole thing takes about an hour and there is a part where the phone just sits there for a looooong time doing aparently nothing. It is working though, so be patient. Do not unplug your phone from the PC until the process, including the Restore has finished.
    11-01-09 06:39 AM
    Was Gonna say what Pete said because i happened to do the same thing a couple days ago, didnt know about crackmem though so cheers Pete!
    11-01-09 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the replies, I will try when I get back home, when I download the new os I always save it on the desktop, so when I want to delete them I just drag them to the recycle bin (then empty)is that ok or should I be doing something else? As I am trying to downgrade would the dm still work? Its its as if it was saying there are no updates as the other os was an older version.

Thanks again

11-01-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the replies, I will try when I get back home, when I download the new os I always save it on the desktop, so when I want to delete them I just drag them to the recycle bin (then empty)is that ok or should I be doing something else? As I am trying to downgrade would the dm still work? Its its as if it was saying there are no updates as the other os was an older version.

Thanks again

Well, you have to run the file and install the OS on your PC.
    11-01-09 08:57 AM
    uninstall the previous OS on ur pc and install the one that u want to use....then wipe ur device using jl_cmder or bbsak....install the os normally then...
    11-01-09 10:33 AM
    ...so when I want to delete them I just drag them to the recycle bin (then empty)is that ok or should I be doing something else?
    That's not really good practice, and may be your problem.

You should uninstall the old OS via Control Panel, like you would any other app on your pc.
    11-01-09 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the advice will try as soon as I am home, thanks again

11-01-09 12:01 PM
    after taking your advice i have successfully downgraded to .206, although my internet browser has now disappeared? any ideas? I also restored to an earier date and i have lost appworld, facebook and bbm is different!! help me please!!
    11-01-09 05:42 PM
    Make sure that the radio is switched on in Manage Connections, Mobile Network.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, press Menu and select Register Now.

This will cause your Service Books to be resent and your browser should now reappear.
    11-01-09 06:27 PM
    That's not really good practice, and may be your problem.

You should uninstall the old OS via Control Panel, like you would any other app on your pc.
    Aw Phill, you are being polite. Why start now ?

Dragging to the Recycle Bin is most definitely NOT the way to remove ANY app from your PC. You must always remove apps via the Control Panel or the PC "thinks" that the app is still present and resources itself accordingly. Should it need the app for another program, wham. one dead PC. Needs a reboot at best.
    11-01-09 06:32 PM
    Cheers for the advice, all sorted

11-02-09 02:08 AM
    Aw Phill, you are being polite. Why start now ?
    Hey! I resemble that remark

Glad you finally sorted it out

11-02-09 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD