I just got my 8900 today (love it!!!). I have been playing around with it and I went to look for my blackberry maps and I can't find it. I have looked in every folder and see no mention of it. I looked under advanced options and when I click on maps it says there is no default program. I also tried going to blackberry.com to download maps and it says that my device is not supported. Any suggestions??
    01-26-09 03:37 PM
    Is it hidden? Applications Screen > Blackberry button > check "Show All" then be sure to check all the folders in there.
    01-26-09 03:55 PM
    I just tried that and it's not there. All I see is:
    Search
    memo pad
    tasks
    calculator
    word
    sheet
    slideshow
    voice notes
    voice dialing
    password keeper
    saved messages
    compose
    01-26-09 04:27 PM
    Ops, sorry that was the app folder, but it's not on the app screen either. It doesn't even give me the option of show all, so I am assuming that everything is showing.
    01-26-09 04:32 PM
    Go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Is Blackberry Maps listed there?

If it is then after you choose the "Show All" check every single folder for the icon. If it is not in the list then you can install the same OS on your PC and then add in BB Maps to your phone, or you can upgrade the OS. Check the link in my signature for the upgrade procedure.
    01-26-09 05:54 PM
    Just my 2 cents, I deleted BB maps in choice of google maps. I think google's much more smoother and just a better nav app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 06:23 PM
    For real man, you should just hit google on your browser, and go to more>> (at the top) then download maps.... much better app than the stock bb maps :/
    01-26-09 06:36 PM
    i had the same problem my bbmaps disappeared but i called tmo and the resent all my registry stuff and it showed back up. it was installed but wasnt just simply hidden it was something more
    01-26-09 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I think I will try and get the bbmaps and I will also look into goggle maps. I thought about just downloading the google maps but I did not know which was better. Thanks again!
    01-26-09 08:17 PM
    I prefer Google maps, but its definitely changes for each person. I would suggest trying out a few GPS applications and then decide which you like.
    01-26-09 08:27 PM
    I just downloaded google maps. It looks good so I think I will just go with that.
    01-26-09 08:48 PM
    I just downloaded Amaze GPS as it has turn by turn navigation. I may end up using this one instead.
    01-26-09 08:51 PM
    BB maps is there, I don't remember where mine was, either in downloads or applications, not sure I deleted it as I use google maps.
    01-26-09 09:04 PM
    That does look like a good app. I may try that one too. Will you make a comparison between that and google when you have a chance? I really like that it talks to you.
    01-26-09 09:06 PM
    I think google maps is much better myself. However, I wanted to use the weatherbug app that is specific to the Bold, so I need BB Maps. I have looked and can't find it anywhere. I'm running .185. I just decided to stick with weatherbug direct for now....much less complicated.
    01-27-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD