I have done many updates in the past but for some reason i cannot update to .206. yes, i have deleted vendor xml and used 4.6 dm. when i plug the usb to dm it does not do anything. any suggestions?
    04-13-09 10:12 PM
    Try a battery pull first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 10:22 PM
    Don't go through dm. If you go to the same folder where the vendor.xml file is located, you will see "apploader" if you click this while your berry is connected it will start the upgrade and will prompt you to backup before
    04-16-09 09:44 AM
    The process recarroll describes IMO is the best way to upgrade any OS. I have used this for the past two upgrades(.199 and .206) and it works flawlessly and a bit faster than DM. Highly reccomend this method.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 01:13 PM
    Don't go through dm. If you go to the same folder where the vendor.xml file is located, you will see "apploader" if you click this while your berry is connected it will start the upgrade and will prompt you to backup before
    That way does work, but make sure you have a back up. also, that way can cause you to loose 3rd party apps so make sure you back those up.

my suggestion would be to disable your internet connection prior to connect your BB to the PC and then try. That has always worked for me.
    04-16-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD