Has anyone managed to get Desktop Manager to work via Bluetooth with Widcomm drivers? I have WinXP SP2 but don't have default Windows Bluetooth stack anymore as my MSI dongle uses Windcomm drivers. I can pair with Curve just fine but Desktop Manager 'Enable BT connection' remains disabled - I guess it just does not support anything other than the default stack? Any info? Thanks.
    03-06-09 03:14 PM
    After reading your post i decided to figure it out once and for all. Did a Google search for "blackberry desktop manager widcomm bluetooth" {no "quotes"} (I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link to another forum so just gave the search terms) I selected the first result. The OP gave instructions on how to make your non WHQL certified bluetooth adapter work with XP SP2 bluetooth driver. Pretty quick and easy. Just don't forget to reboot after removing widcomm's drivers. I take no credit (or responsibility) for the information giving. Hope it helps.
    03-06-09 06:01 PM
    After reading your post i decided to figure it out once and for all. Did a Google search for "blackberry desktop manager widcomm bluetooth" {no "quotes"} (I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link to another forum so just gave the search terms) I selected the first result. The OP gave instructions on how to make your non WHQL certified bluetooth adapter work with XP SP2 bluetooth driver. Pretty quick and easy. Just don't forget to reboot after removing widcomm's drivers. I take no credit (or responsibility) for the information giving. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for your input. Of course, there is a complication - I think default Windows XP SP2 BT stack does not support HFP (headset profile) which is what I what I need to have for my BT headset on same PC that I am trying to sync up with BB 8900. Thus, even if I could uninstall my Widcomm stack and put the default one back on it seems I can either get the BB synchronized or my headset working...I was wondering if anyone managed to get BB synchronization working with Widcomm driver.
    03-06-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD