07-16-09 05:12 PM
40 12
tools
    For the short time ive been a member of this site, I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the 8900 but unfortunately I couldnt grab a signal throughout town, so I returned the phone and switched over to ATT who unfortunately charges an arm and a leg for a data plan with unlimited text with a blackberry.

I ended up purchasing a Samsung Rugby, which is military grade and dang near impossible to break. I got the phone in today and I must say I really really really like the feel of this phone, although its going to take a time or two to get used to the non qwerty keyboard and atari like graphics. I guess I just like the fact I can go mountain biking and not have to worry about breaking my phone any longer.

Its been great guys, thanks for all the help when I was a noob 8900 owner Godspeed all.

edit:I would of absolutely loved to keep the phone, but it was overkill. I couldnt get a signal, pages would take 5 minutes to load, and the phone had glitches, whered id continously have to take out the battery to get the phones screen to appear. To much chaos for me out of a phone so I went back to a dumbed down phone.

But in all honesty, Im an avid mountain biker and I am always doing something crazy, whether it be 4x4ing or hiking, I need a phone which can withstand a challenge. You cant tell me a mans phone like the Rugby wouldnt be cool to have. Check out this video of the Rugby in action:

Last edited by _MartyMcFly_; 07-14-09 at 11:45 PM.
    07-14-09 03:58 PM
    07-14-09 04:03 PM
    Very funny Lazerus! Good luck, Marty.
    07-14-09 04:05 PM
    Wow- I can't believe you went back to a "dumb-phone". Lol I've heard many switching to iPhones or Pre's or other smartphones but you really gave up a lot!
    But hey ya gotta have service for it to be any good anyway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:13 PM
    I swear your random pics make me spit my coffee.
    07-14-09 04:19 PM
    this is EFFIN hillarious
    07-14-09 04:25 PM
    wow i know that if i had to give up my 8900, i couldnt go back to a "regular" phone.
    07-14-09 04:31 PM
    See ya back soon

07-14-09 05:38 PM
    I definately couldn't go back 2 a regular phone!

07-14-09 05:42 PM
    Baby pic is hilarious

07-14-09 08:27 PM
    I would cry if I had to go from a blackberry to that. That's like going from blackberry to the old nokia with snake.
    07-14-09 08:41 PM
    oh boy the darkside for you hahaha, att is tooooo expensiveee
    07-14-09 09:29 PM
    These threads make me laugh. What's even the point? Get your new phone and leave.

07-14-09 09:37 PM
    These threads make me laugh. What's even the point? Get your new phone and leave.

Someone's sad to see another member leave..
    07-14-09 10:32 PM
    /wave goodbye
    07-14-09 10:42 PM
    I would of absolutely loved to keep the phone, but it was overkill. I couldnt get a signal, pages would take 5 minutes to load, and the phone had glitches, whered id continously have to take out the battery to get the phones screen to appear. To much chaos for me out of a phone so I went back to a dumbed down phone.

But in all honesty, Im an avid mountain biker and I am always doing something crazy, whether it be 4x4ing or hiking, I need a phone which can withstand a challenge. You cant tell me a mans phone like the Rugby wouldnt be cool to have. Check out this video of the Rugby in action:

07-14-09 11:40 PM
    Sorry to say but it sounds like a lot of user error to me. I hope you enjoy your new device, it sounds like it is much better suited for you.
    07-14-09 11:50 PM
    I would of absolutely loved to keep the phone, but it was overkill. I couldnt get a signal, pages would take 5 minutes to load, and the phone had glitches, whered id continously have to take out the battery to get the phones screen to appear. To much chaos for me out of a phone so I went back to a dumbed down phone.

Sorry blackberry didn't work out

Or get this indestructible phone and unlock it

Sorry to say but it sounds like a lot of user error to me. I hope you enjoy your new device, it sounds like it is much better suited for you.
    So by him not getting a signal is user error
    07-15-09 01:45 AM
    I cant think of why I'd have my BB with me if I was doing the extreme stuff he's talking about.

In activities like that...my SIM card goes into my old TMO LG flip and the BB stays home.
    07-15-09 08:56 AM

Dude, relax... This is a support community, not a flame fest.

07-15-09 09:00 AM
    hope your making the right choice!
    07-15-09 09:11 AM
    Xpimp,
    I thought about the tundra but the antennae annoyed me and the hinge didnt feel as secure. Plus the price was 70$ more. It is indeed a pretty nice phone.

What I like about the rugby are its compact walky talky looks, color (I got yellow), and the Push to Talk feature. I saw the Tundra video, check out the first torture test of the Rugby in this video, INSANE!

07-15-09 09:13 AM
    One word - awesome.
    07-15-09 09:24 AM
    4 words.

Secks on the beach.

07-15-09 09:33 AM
    I would cry if I had to go from a blackberry to that. That's like going from blackberry to the old nokia with snake.
    But snake was so much fun! lol. I don't think I could ever go back to a regular phone. Maybe over to another type of smart phone (which I doubt) but a regular one? Couldn't do it.
    07-15-09 10:54 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD