I currently have the G1 that I use as my PDA and an iPhone 2G that I use unlocked on T-Mobile. I used the 8100 for around 9 months before switching to the G1, I then used the G1 for around 3 months before switching to my dads old iPhone that was laying around the house. I'm considering switching to the 8900 when my contract is up. Pros, Cons? Anyone else that's been in my position.

BTW: My contract is up in like 6 months.
    04-13-09 07:01 PM
    I dont sell phones. I keep them and use them at home over WiFi. Do you miss any of the games/apps from the iPhone?
    04-13-09 07:21 PM
    Not really

I only ditched it because I didn't like AT&T and realized that most of the apps were boring. The Safari web browser was great though.

I decided to tryout my first ever Blackberry and went with the 8900 and it's great. It does everything a typical phone should do out of the box and best of all...it's on T-mobile. So I really haven't regretted returning my iPhone at all.
    I meant to ask that too. Whats the difference between Safari and the BB browser on the 8900. How are the Myspace and Facebook apps on the BB?
    04-13-09 07:30 PM
    honestly i think its a personal thing. web browsing is awesome on the iphone. one thing to keep in mind is there's no tabbed browsing on an 8900. i personally think its an awesome looking phone and i love the communication apps on it.

facebook is not as developed for blackberrys as they are for the iphone, but fb 2.0 is supposed to be out and about soon. no set date on it though.

can't speak for myspace, i don't use it.
    04-13-09 07:37 PM
    The 8900 displays pages in full HTML like the iPhone but you use the trackball to navigate rather than the touch screen. You can also zoom in and out.

The browsing experience feels better on the iPhone but it's still good on the 8900.

Overall, the Blackberry Curve 8900's browser is good for a phone but not amazing like the iPhone. It is good though and as I mentioned it displays pages in full HTML.

I have a laptop and used that more than my phone which is a reason I returned the iPhone because the only thing really appealing on it to me was the Safari browser.
    Question: Has anyone figured out an easy way to tether? I have a netbook, and just realized that I could just tether that. lol.
    04-13-09 07:56 PM
    ^^^^^^Does anyone have an answer to my question? ^^^^^^
    04-14-09 02:28 PM
    about tethering, depending on your carrier, you can pay them for the service (usually about $30 a month)

there's also a premium app called tetherberry but i'd be wary about using that, depending on your carrier, they could charge you per kb. check out the verizon forums, there's a thread over there about a user freaking out because verizon charged him for unauthorized tethering - and racked up a $3000 bill or something ridiculous like that. not saying that this will or won't happen to you, but take caution in using it. there's a disclaimer on the program about this.
    04-14-09 07:41 PM
    about tethering, depending on your carrier, you can pay them for the service (usually about $30 a month)

there's also a premium app called tetherberry but i'd be wary about using that, depending on your carrier, they could charge you per kb. check out the verizon forums, there's a thread over there about a user freaking out because verizon charged him for unauthorized tethering - and racked up a $3000 bill or something ridiculous like that. not saying that this will or won't happen to you, but take caution in using it. there's a disclaimer on the program about this.
    I have T-Mobile and I tethered with my 8100, but it was a PITA. I also tethered with my G1 and now my iPhone.
    04-15-09 07:05 AM
    I have both the iphone 3g and 8900. I couldn't part with either one. I hate when people bash the iphone, it's phenomenal. (What I should do to save $$ is buy an ipod Touch...sigh.)
    04-15-09 07:53 AM
    out of these choices i would choose the BOLD
    ha ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm on T-Mobile.
    04-15-09 04:43 PM
    Thanks for the help guys.
    04-16-09 07:01 PM
    I had the G1 for a few months but found it to be WAY too buggy. It was a royal PITA! T-Mobile swapped it out twice for me due to the massive amounts of software failures and glitches. I upgraded myself to the Javelin 8900 an have not once looked back. This phone rocks! And it's worked perfectly for me (which is saying a lot especially since I am so har on phones). Also everyone know who is using the 8900 after having used an iPhone say that changing over was good for them & that they lke this handset much better.

04-16-09 09:25 PM
    I have used my friends Iphone, and my Aunt's G1. They swear by them, but I absolutely can't stand either one. The web browsing is great on them, yes. However, I am perfectly happy with the web browsing on my 8900. It does everything I could possibly want a PHONE to do. I don't need a toy like the G1 or the Iphone, I have a laptop for that.

04-16-09 09:36 PM
    I had the G1 for a few months but found it to be WAY too buggy. It was a royal PITA! T-Mobile swapped it out twice for me due to the massive amounts of software failures and glitches. I upgraded myself to the Javelin 8900 an have not once looked back. This phone rocks! And it's worked perfectly for me (which is saying a lot especially since I am so har on phones). Also everyone know who is using the 8900 after having used an iPhone say that changing over was good for them & that they lke this handset much better.

I have used my friends Iphone, and my Aunt's G1. They swear by them, but I absolutely can't stand either one. The web browsing is great on them, yes. However, I am perfectly happy with the web browsing on my 8900. It does everything I could possibly want a PHONE to do. I don't need a toy like the G1 or the Iphone, I have a laptop for that.

Thank You! I have decied to get the 8900. Probably getting it this weekend. What OS is the best for performance, stability, and battery life?
    04-17-09 08:59 PM
    ^ congratulations on your decision! check out the 8900 forums and browse around to see what ppl agree on is the best os
    04-17-09 09:20 PM
    ^ congratulations on your decision! check out the 8900 forums and browse around to see what ppl agree on is the best os
    Already did, decided that I'm going to load .206 on it when I get it.
    04-17-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD