My trackball keeps freezing, I can't scroll with it, the ball moves but it just won't navigate up, down, left or right. This is really annoying as it comes and goes and when it does I can't do anything with it for like a minute or two. Help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:33 AM
    Go into an app like brickbreaker and press down hard and move the trackball around with force. This is a common way to clear tb issues. Search is your friend, this has been covered a million times. Google 8900 trackball for the holy grail of trackball info.

06-25-09 05:29 AM
    try cleaning it?
    06-25-09 05:39 AM
    I've read so many of these threads already and I've only had my BB for 7 weeks. I'm hoping these issues don't happen to me but I fear the worst. Why on earth BB don't use optical trackballs is beyond me.
    06-25-09 06:00 AM
    @ lazerus, the brickbreaker thing didn't really work, only for a while. @K4lli3fr3sh, how do I clean?

06-25-09 07:06 AM
    I hate to say it, but this is a too common problem with the 8900. I just had to get a warranty replacement because mine stopped scrolling up.

06-25-09 07:14 AM
    I use qtips with alcohol. I just run it on the trackball. This problem will persist though. I have accepted this sad fact about our berries. Mine is around 3 months old and I've had this issue since I can remember.
    06-25-09 07:17 AM
    I use qtips with alcohol. I just run it on the trackball. This problem will persist though. I have accepted this sad fact about our berries. Mine is around 3 months old and I've had this issue since I can remember.
    I've had the same problem and I did the same thing too. I left mine to dry one whole night, and it took a few more hours to completely dry. After that, it did get better, much better.

But this issue still haunts me whenever I get my thumb a bit wet, just a bit wet, and the problem comes back. Well, it is a sad fact. But still, I wish they made 8900 with optical trackballs. The reason why I chose BB over iPhone is because of the qwerty keyboard and it's not touchscreen. I sweat easily. This trackball thing is the only downside of my Jave
    06-25-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD