Do you want free expense software for your BlackBerry Curve 8900?

Not sure if you have seen other posts about ProOnGo Expense with Receipt Reader...it lets you use your phone to take pictures of receipts. It then automatically turns those receipts into expense reports (in Excel, XML, etc).

So far this has only been released for the BlackBerry Storm as well as Windows Mobile (available through the ProOnGo website).

However, if you want this for your BlackBerry Curve 8900, there is a private beta going on right now. Please contact ProOnGo support if you are interested, or post here.

Thanks,

Dave, ProOnGo
    Last edited by davehacker; 06-11-09 at 10:06 AM.
    06-11-09 09:23 AM
    I would be interested in beta testing for this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:25 AM
    Great, thanks! Can you send an e-mail to support at ProOnGo so we can hook you up?
    06-11-09 09:31 AM
    I would be interested in beta testing for this as well.

Please me know what you need
    06-11-09 09:57 AM
    Great, if you send an e-mail to ProOnGo support (support at ProOnGo) we will set you up!

Also, please let us know if you have questions or comments about the software once you install it.
    06-11-09 10:05 AM
    I would love to beta test this software. I travel 75% of the time and expense reports are the worst!

Let me know what i have to do. I own both a storm and an 8900.
    06-11-09 10:16 AM
    I would like to beta test this software too.

06-11-09 11:21 AM
    If on a Curve 8900, please e-mail support (support at ProOnGo) to sign up for the Curve 8900 'private' beta program.

If using one of the other phones we already support, such as a BlackBerry Storm, you can sign up on the ProOnGo website. Just go to the website and click the green 'Try It Now' button.

Thanks!

Dave
    06-11-09 11:25 AM
    just sent youan email, forgot to mention I'm on the Curve 8900. Email: razzel @ gmail

06-11-09 11:43 AM
    should we post issue or comments on this thread?
    06-11-09 11:48 AM
    I am having a few issues already....

When editing a picture the cursor moves really slow on the screen.... i scroll but the hand or arrow only moves a millimeter or so. also getting an Error creating new user. Please check you internet connection popup when I try to add my user info.
    06-11-09 11:55 AM
    So I set up an account online... and still having issues sending "error sending receipt image"... I am running 5.0.0.93 right now.
    06-11-09 11:59 AM
    im definitely interested in trying this out
    06-11-09 12:13 PM
    I would be interested in beta testing for this as wel

06-11-09 12:32 PM
    A lot of the Receipt Reader service (the service that fills out merchant\date\amount automatically) issues have been addressed, but unfortunately not with the beta build you are using

We will release another build soon, if you are one of the users having issues, you can continue to use ProOnGo expense, but your merchant\date\amount fields won't be automatically filled in until we get that new build out to you...

There could be a workaround...please try the following:
    1. open one of the expenses, in the menu, choose the Receipt Reader Service option
    2. Submit to receipt reader, make sure your username\e-mail (username is an e-mail) is correct.
    3. Click to submit
    4. restart ProOnGo

Please let me know if this works. As I said, this workaround should no longer be necessary in future builds but for now, sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Dave
    06-12-09 02:49 PM
    We are getting reports that the image editor is slow on the Curve. We will work on making things quicker in a future build (seems the Storm version is fine, this is just a Curve problem).

For now, you can skip the image editor entirely by clicking cancel IF you don't have any private information (like credit card info) that you aren't comfortable submitting to our Receipt Reader service.

Thanks again for trying this out!
    06-12-09 02:52 PM
    Is anyone still having problems creating a new 'Receipt Reader' account while using ProOnGo? If so (or if you have other feedback), please e-mail support at ProOnGo or post here.

Thanks!

Dave
    06-12-09 04:12 PM
    The Curve 8900 beta is now public. Thanks for all your help! Here is the official link to download:
    http://www.proongo.com/beta/web/down...etrackball.jad

Seriously, the private beta help was HUGE and unexpected. We are still in beta, so be sure to continue to let support@ProOnGo.com let us know how we can help. We have a team of engineers itching to implement your bug and feature requests, myself included

Here is the official marketing message, should you choose to read it:

Receipt Reader Service now available for Curve 8900
    Next time you are on a business trip and find yourself stuffing receipts
    in your pocket, wallet, or purse for your expense report, have a look at
    ProOnGo (http://www.ProOnGo.com) for a better way to stay organized!

ProOnGo's Receipt Reader Service is now available for Curve 8900
    (http://www.proongo.com/beta/web/down...etrackball.jad).
    With ProOnGo software installed on your phone, and a free trial of
    their Receipt Reader Service, you can snap pictures of your receipts and
    have the merchant names, dates, and amounts added to your expense list
    without any typing. Report formats include Excel and XML, and can be
    created right from your phone. Organize and prepare your expense report
    without any hassle, with ProOnGo for Blackberry Curve 8900!

ProOnGo's Receipt Reader Service is also available on Blackberry Storm
    (http://www.proongo.com/beta/web/down...bb/expense.jad), as announced
    earlier this month.
    06-25-09 06:04 PM
    For those using ProOnGo Expense, it now integrates with QuickBooks Online, supports faxing, tracks mileage, and is available on almost all BlackBerries and Windows Mobile phones.

Download straight to your device from here:
    www.ProOnGo.com

It is available on App World too but the latest version with the QuickBooks, mileage, etc is on www.ProOnGo.com.

Please contact support@ProOnGo.com with any questions or feedback.
    07-29-09 03:39 PM
    I would like to try the beta version. I keep all of my receipts for tax purposes so this would come in handy! What is the email address?
    07-29-09 04:07 PM
    I would like to try the beta version. I keep all of my receipts for tax purposes so this would come in handy! What is the email address?
    Just visit www.ProOnGo.com from your phone to download the full free version. Does that help?
    07-29-09 04:09 PM
    I recommend upgrading to the latest version of ProOnGo Expense today at www.ProOnGo.com. The latest version contains a lot of bug fixes\feature requests from customers (you can send requests straight from ProOnGo from the 'Help and Support' menu item).

ProOnGo is also looking to sign up people for a private beta if they need to fax expense reports. The new fax feature will allow you to fax expenses straight from your phone to a fax machine. Please contact support@ProOnGo.com for more info.

One tip: in BlackBerry options, ProOnGo Expense (and other apps you trust) will run a lot more smoothly if you Edit your BlackBerry options\permissions to 'Allow' ProOnGo.

-Dave, www.ProOnGo.com or support@ProOnGo.com
    09-02-09 05:22 PM
    I would like to join the private beta if still possible
    09-02-09 05:57 PM
    I would like to join the private beta if still possible
    Great, please send an e-mail to support@ProOnGo.com and we'll get you setup.
    09-02-09 05:58 PM
    Just thought I would post some ProOnGo news here. We've had a lot of updates since I last posted on this thread, so visit www.ProOnGo.com and follow the download links to get our latest version. You can see our release notes here:
    https://www.proongo.com/beta/web/release-notes.php

Also, CrackBerry recently covered our custom Excel expense reports exports here:
    http://crackberry.com/proongo-blackb...zes-businesses

To sign up for free subscription trial (all our features are not free, but many are), visit this page:
    www.proongo.com/subscribe

Lastly, we the beta for our business card reader is now publicly available here:
    http://www.proongo.com/beta/mobile/d...blackberry.php

Please post here or email support@ProOnGo.com if you ever have questions or comments. Thanks!
    04-26-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD