Ok, this might be long, so my apologies in advance =)

I have an 8900 with Rogers, loaded with .94. I was trying to do the update to .158, and this is my 4th attempt with no success. This is what i've done so far.

1) I downloaded the OS, installed it, deleted vendor.xml, and opened up DM 4.7...still doesn't see the update.

2) Modified installation for DM to not check for software updates...didn't work.

3) Downloaded Crackmem...crackmem does not see the OS, only sees .94

4) Downgraded to DM 4.5, reinstalled .158, deleted vendor.xml..still does not see the OS

Is there something I'm doing wrong?? Now for some reason, I lost BB messenger (no biggie, I can always get it back). I checked all the forums, and followed pretty much all the steps. Just a little frustrating. Hopefully someone can help me.
    01-27-09 12:09 PM
    there is no .158 application version yet
    the .158 refer to the release package version which is available from Rogers and is contain the .94 application version

so what u have say u are do is try to replace .94 with .94 because misunderstand of the .158 is release package version and not application version

.133 is most recent leaked beta OS application version which has release package version of .217

i am use DM 4.7 with Media Manager, i primary use the Loader.exe (should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\) to do the update after do remove stuff I do not want with CrackMem

hope this help
    01-27-09 12:15 PM
    great...just great...I should've gone to the forums first instead of calling tech support. Stupid Rogers rep said that I needed to update, and me being a crackberry newb, I listened. Well thanks so much for the info, much appreciated.
    01-27-09 12:22 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Follow the upgrade procedure in my signature. As dcwc has said, you need to get a more up to date OS so that it will update. There is a sticky to version .114 at the top of this form. There is also a beta OS version .133 available.
    01-27-09 12:23 PM
    is .114 official?
    01-27-09 12:26 PM
    01-27-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD