I have the BlackBerry 8900 with AT&T. I don't pay for the data plan so I can't download anything directly to the phone. I also have a MacBook and I have misplaced my USB cable. With all that said: this is what I want to do.

I would like to have an option for the language (input and menus) to be Italian. My phone only supports US/UK English and Spanish. How could I get Italian on my phone?

I also want to upgrade to the new 5.0 software. I'm still running whatever I was originally running when I purchased the phone over the summer.

I would like to get more themes onto my phone to make it more interesting. I've lost a great deal of interest in my phone because I haven't been able to change much about it.

I would like to get some games and other apps on my phone as well. Is there a way that I can download them on my computer and then send them to my phone?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
    02-14-10 12:33 AM
    As far as upgrading to 5.0, you dont need a data plan to do that.
    02-14-10 02:59 AM
    Without a data plan (I've never understood this, why have a BB without data?), you need to install all the above via Desktop Manager. For this you will need to locate your USB cable, or purchase a new one.

Your BB (not just a phone) will be more interesting with a data plan! Themes only do so much.........
    02-14-10 03:56 AM
    I don't have a data plan because it's far too expensive and I can't afford it, but the BlackBerrys are good phones that are very easy to type on.

I was under the impression that Desktop Manager does not work on a Mac. Is there any way to transfer these things through Bluetooth?
    Last edited by Flyers108; 02-14-10 at 10:10 AM.
    02-14-10 10:04 AM
    I don't have a data plan because it's far too expensive and I can't afford it, but the BlackBerrys are good phones that are very easy to type on.

I was under the impression that Desktop Manager does not work on a Mac. Is there any way to transfer these things through Bluetooth?

Thats like buying a hot sports car, knowing full well that you cant afford to put gas in it. You should have bought a sidekick. or an Envee
    02-15-10 10:21 AM
    Flyers108, if you go to the bb website, they have a beta desktop manager for mac. I just downloaded it a little over a week ago, and it's pretty cool. FYI, I don't have a data plan either, because I feel like the Internet on my phone either, but I've never felt like I was missing out on anything. I bought my bb because it has a decent media player, a good personal organizer apps, and good call quality. Plus it's really easy to type on. If I wanted a phone for the Internet, I'd get an iPhone.
    02-15-10 10:47 AM
    Thats like buying a hot sports car, knowing full well that you cant afford to put gas in it. You should have bought a sidekick. or an Envee
    I wouldn't buy a sports car and this isn't the same. The browser on the BlackBerrys also isn't very good. I wouldn't use it enough to justify the price. Neither the Sidekick nor the Envy are available on AT&T.

Flyers108, if you go to the bb website, they have a beta desktop manager for mac. I just downloaded it a little over a week ago, and it's pretty cool. FYI, I don't have a data plan either, because I feel like the Internet on my phone either, but I've never felt like I was missing out on anything. I bought my bb because it has a decent media player, a good personal organizer apps, and good call quality. Plus it's really easy to type on. If I wanted a phone for the Internet, I'd get an iPhone.
    Thanks for the tip. I agree with the iPhone bit. I want an iPhone, but, again, I can't afford the phone plan. I feel like I'm missing out on getting the apps and I can't use BlackBerry Messenger, but I can certainly deal.
    02-15-10 05:47 PM
    bump. Can someone answer my question about the Bluetooth connectivity?
    02-17-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD