Just logged into my hotmail account on the laptop and there are email that are in there that my blackberry has not yet recived, I have my hot mail set up on the blackberry but why is this taking so dam long.
    Its making me look daft infront of the bosses lol when i say i never got there emails etc, ???

I am sure i will be back with other question later as well lol
    06-04-09 12:25 PM
    check out this excerpt:

The BIS itself will check for new messages every fifteen minutes by default. If it does find a new message, the message is compressed, and the first 2kb of data is then pushed to the device. For the next fifteen minutes, the BIS will check every three minutes for new mail. If no new mail is found within that second set of fifteen minutes, the server reverts to again checking once every fifteen minutes. As long as the server finds new mail within that time frame, it will continue to check every three minutes. This does not, however, apply to all email accounts. Gmail and Yahoo mail are two notable exceptions to this rule. The BIS remains constantly connected to these services, and will push new email automatically to the device, without the fifteen minute interval.
    From this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/
    06-04-09 12:29 PM
    thanks i will have a look at that
    06-04-09 12:40 PM
    I have GMail however, and I do not receive my e-mail immediately to my phone. Some e-mails I don't even receive.
    06-04-09 04:48 PM
    gmail I receive a lot faster,yahoo mail can sometimes be a couple hour delay.
    06-04-09 05:45 PM
    gmail I receive a lot faster,yahoo mail can sometimes be a couple hour delay.
    I agree. Gmail is the fastest. Yahoo is hit/miss...sometimes it's instaneous, sometimes it can take up to an hour or so.

Everything else blows since it's following that 15min rule.
    06-04-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD