Hi guys,

Just bought a Pay as You Go Curve 8900

But I also have the first iPhone that came out from o2 which the contract is due to run out in 2 months time.

I've taken out my o2 sim from the iPhone and put it into the blackberry.

I can access the internet and i can SMS etc

However my BB pin function doesn't seem to be working, whenever I send requests my friends don't receive anything and if they try add me I don't receive anything.

I figured this might be because I haven't set an email account up yet?

So I go to the setup wizard > email setup and from here I'm guessing I'm meant to be shown 3 options from my curve manual:

-I want to create or add an email address
    -I want to use a work email account
    -Desktop Redirection option

However I'm only being shown the 'I want to use a work email account' which I can't setup?

I tried removing the battery and replacing after 30 secs, I've tried wiping the blackberry via the options incase the guy in the shop had by passed something when he was showing me the phone and how it worked but I still have no clue?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks guys

-Jordan
    07-07-09 06:08 PM
    Check out the 101 lectures, I have a link to them in my signature. You can also find them at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page.

Welcome to Crackberry!
    07-07-09 06:18 PM
    Thanks,

I just found this thread actually:

forums.crackberry.com/f100/e-mail-problem-only-bes-option-appearing-229201/

And I tried registering an o2 BIS but after putting in my details it knew it wasn't on o2 the phone was originally on Orange and he told me it was open to all networks

I can imagine I'm going to have a few problems here
    07-07-09 06:20 PM
    Also can someone verify if the BB pin instant messenger is not working because of this email problem?
    07-07-09 06:23 PM
    If you don't have the bb data plan then the email, pin messages, and bbm will not work
    07-07-09 06:26 PM
    That might be the worst news I've heard in a long time....

I guess the sim card been from the iPhone is set to some sort of iPhone setting?

The internet works fine though?

And how do 'Pay as You Go' users use the BB pin / email etc?

Thanks for the reply Jackie
    07-07-09 06:34 PM
    BBM requires a BB data plan. If the prepaid plan does not specifically include access to the BB network then you wont be able to use BBM at all. Maybe you should call your provider and ask them for a BB Data plan. They can surely fill you in on the details and the requirements.
    07-07-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD