I feel so stupid cuz my girlfriend has a bold and I have the Javelin. I emailed her a song from my desktop and she opened it and heard the song on her Bold when I did the same I got a file too big message. I feel like I got the girl phone and she got the man phone.. T-mobile better do something..
    06-16-09 08:08 PM
    I had the same problem today. I used the menu to key to tell it to download the file instead of open it, and it saved it to the media directory and then it allowed me to open it from there.
    06-16-09 08:13 PM
    I had the same problem today. I used the menu to key to tell it to download the file instead of open it, and it saved it to the media directory and then it allowed me to open it from there.
    I didn't even get that option...
    06-17-09 07:35 PM
    im not too sure but i think the too big thing is a carrier limitation. how big was the file? is ur girlfriend also on t mobile?

update:
    i just looked into it and im pretty sure its a rim imposed limit. i just tried sending myself a 3.3mb mp3 file from my pc to my bb. i got the email on my bb just fine but when i try to actually download the attachment it says it cannot because it exceeds the maximum download limit of 2.9mb. im using a bold on rogers btw.

i remember in the past i was able to email my friend's 8900 also on rogers with a 1mb song clip and he got it just fine.

i think that limit is horribly outdated and rim needs to increase it.
    Last edited by avmsam; 06-17-09 at 08:28 PM.
    06-17-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD