Would just simply unplugging my phone off my laptop damage it? cause my computer wont let me eject it and i dont wanna risk damaging my phone so i have to restart it
    06-24-09 12:15 AM
    I always just unplug it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:48 AM
    thank you!
    06-24-09 12:58 AM
    You would not be damaging your phoine so much as sd card if you have one.

06-24-09 08:52 AM
    You would not be damaging your phoine so much as sd card if you have one.

How would I damage my SD card by plugging my laptop or computer in to my BB???
    06-24-09 09:09 AM
    U can't damage anything. Lol. Not directed at you FB.
    06-24-09 09:12 AM
    U can't damage anything.

That's what I thought... but I'd love to hear the response from kudvu002.
    06-24-09 09:13 AM
    no the safely remove hardware is all a crock, all windows OS since windows 2000 you can unplug any USB device without having to safely remove ...just unplug
    06-24-09 09:30 AM
    Well I used to do the whole pulling out process and the partitioned side of my sd card became corrupt. That's why I eject, did my response satisfy you fb?

06-24-09 12:46 PM
    Well I used to do the whole pulling out process and the partitioned side of my sd card became corrupt. That's why I eject, did my response satisfy you fb?

I guess I'd be afraid too if I had a corruption issue at the same time I pulled the data cable... and I'm not sure I'd every partition a SD card... but pulling the cable will not cause your SD card to go bad.
    06-24-09 01:13 PM
    I partitoned when I had the g1 so that I could put my apps on the sd, turns out I dnt have that phone or sd card anymore.

06-24-09 01:17 PM
    Stopping the USB device just helps to ensure that there isn't a write operation in progress at the time of disconnection. That can lead to data corruption. I wouldn't use the "eject" function, necessarily, but I usually do stop the mass storage device if I've been doing any data transfer. If I'm, say, just charging my BB and not actually transferring any files, I usually just pull it.
    06-24-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD