i dropped my phone about 1.5 metres high and now the screen is pure/blank white, but ye tthe scren is NOT broken or cracked. Did this problem ever occur to anyone else, is there anyway to fix this!?! replies would be helpful!

thanks!!
    11-01-09 11:18 AM
    Sorry to hear this

Try pulling your battery out, wait 20secs, reinsert and wait for it to boot up.

Hopefully this will cure the white screen... if not, it's off to the repair centre.
    11-01-09 11:25 AM
    What did you drop in on. 5ft to say asphalt would cause serious damage, to
    carpeting, not so much.

You may be looking at a screen replacement.
    11-01-09 11:29 AM
    i dropped my phone about 1.5 metres high and now the screen is pure/blank white, but ye tthe scren is NOT broken or cracked. Did this problem ever occur to anyone else, is there anyway to fix this!?! replies would be helpful!

thanks!!
    I am sorry to hear that, but knowing the 8900 inside and out, maybe it is of interest if I tell you some details of the phone; what you see at the front of the device is the LCD screen, not only a glass lens. The LCD screen has the lens integrated on it, therefore the LCD on the 8900 is more fragile than other BlackBerrys (although the same probably applies to the Bold and Tour). The lens or actual LCD underneath may not look like it is cracked or broken, but the force the LCD had to face could have broken a part of the LCD at a level not visible from the outer side of the LCD/lens.

Best of luck getting it fixed.
    Last edited by shinkodachi; 11-01-09 at 11:56 AM.
    11-01-09 11:53 AM
    That's terrible..I've dropped my phone so many times, no serious damage though, just hurts my feelings a little
    11-01-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD