IM sure the question has already been asked and answered...So can someone direct me to finding out how to delete locked pictures on the Curve 8900...I tried CrackMem and what I usually did on my 8320...Common Files>RIM>Loader files etc...but CrackMem didnt work and Im not seeing anything familiar as to do it again...I did infact search the forums but Im comin up wit alot of everything but what I want to find...Can anyone help??...thnx much
    08-28-09 07:40 AM
    Last person that posted something about this ended up using http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...e-beta-240210/

I've never used it, since the 8900 has enough memory... and I'm not really worried about it.
    08-28-09 07:45 AM
    Google maxmem. Thatll help you delete the preloaded pictures and video along with some other things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 07:57 AM
    This is how I deleted the stuff :-

1- Download and install the latest OS for your device on your computer

2- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-(your OS version)\Java

3- find and delete the following item you do not want to stay on your device.

net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_b.cod = sample pictures

net_rim_bb_demialoader_video_89xx_480x360.cod = sample video

net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x360_b = sample music

4- Connect your BB to your computer and update the OS (even if it is the same software). When updating, it will remove the deleted files from your BB.
    08-28-09 08:23 AM

2- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-(your OS version)\Java

4- Connect your BB to your computer and update the OS (even if it is the same software). When updating, it will remove the deleted files from your BB.
    Anyone else tried these?
    08-28-09 11:34 AM
    Anyone else tried these?
    Yup... every OS upgrade, and it works perfectly
    08-28-09 11:41 AM
    Anyone else tried these?
    Sounds like what they have in Blackberry-101-how-free-memory-your-blackberry-smartphone... I usually stick with a known Blackberry 101 lesson myself... but the 8900 has a lot of memory so I'm never really worried about it.
    08-28-09 11:41 AM

Im going to have to use this myself. Never heard of this.
    08-28-09 11:43 AM
    Kewl! Thanks guys.
    08-28-09 11:45 AM
    No probs.

I delete almost 600 files from every OS before upgrading.

I know we have plenty of memory, but I hate having junk on my phone that I neither need nor want.
    08-28-09 12:02 PM
    Gonna have to try this.....!
    11-19-09 01:06 AM
    Thanks for the detailed directions Cautious. They worked like a charm.

I decided to go with his directions rather than (1) maxmem because of more control over what files are deleted (maxmem indicates all media like wallpapers, music and video are deleted and I didn't want to lose the wallpapers for my T-Mobile themes by accident) or (2) crackmem because I didn't want to have my vendor.xml file deleted (this seems to cause desktop manager to say that I need to upgrade my OS.

I did like the way crackmem handles the file deletions and just moved the video file from the java folder to another one just in case.

On my T-Mobile 8900 deleting the sample video saved me 7MB. Well worth it.
    11-19-09 05:54 PM
    Am I missing what a locked pic is? There were these pics on my bb when I got it that had like a padlock in lower corner. But I just hit menu>open>delete and deleted them one by one. Unless these are not the locked pics to which u are referring.

11-20-09 02:04 PM
    Yes those are the ones. Even if you delete them and the video on the device, everytime you connect to the DM via USB, it puts them back on so if you delete them from the above folders, they are gone for good.
    11-20-09 07:27 PM
    Oh wow, that stinks. Not so much of an issue for me tho.....

11-20-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD