In my calendar I actually have Facebook & Google calendars set up, but for some reason Google sync keeps putting them into facebook calendar. I have unchecked the option in facebook to have to sync facebook events to my calendar, however, I cannot get rid of the facebook one.

BTW, I have facebook 1.5, if you're wondering how I ended up with the facebook calendar.

I don't see any service books to delete to get rid of the facebook calendar either.

So, basically, how can I delete a calendar when I have multiple in the "select calendar" list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bassichonda96; 03-24-09 at 10:43 PM.
    03-24-09 10:41 PM
    bump... i'm wondering the same thing
    03-25-09 01:43 AM
    Same thing happening here.
    03-25-09 02:04 AM
    How come I can't see other ppl replies? *sorry off the topic here*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:31 AM
    What have you guys tried thus far?

I've done the following:

1. Tried to go into Calendar options and delete individual calendars, but there is no option.
    2. Logged out of Google sync and cleared ALL events
    3. Unchecked the option to add facebook events to the calendar
    4. Logged out of Facebook
    5. Deleted any service books that had anything to do with calendars, specifically GICAL and anything that had a facebook name with it.
    6. Uninstalled facebook 1.5, THE CALENDAR IS STILL THERE.

Post if you've tried anything else, whether it's worked or not.

My next step is to wipe the device.
    03-25-09 06:27 AM
    I'm guessing... did you setup your Facebook account using your gmail email address??? I'm guessing that is a yes. And you are using the new Facebook BETA 1.5 that imports your Facebook calendar... it's most likely think they belong together since they are based on the same email account.

Just a guess.
    03-25-09 07:17 AM
    I'm guessing... did you setup your Facebook account using your gmail email address??? I'm guessing that is a yes. And you are using the new Facebook BETA 1.5 that imports your Facebook calendar... it's most likely think they belong together since they are based on the same email account.

Just a guess.
    You may be on the right track, because yes, I did sign in with my google email address to facebook.

I'm still looking for a way to delete a calendar manually. I've uninstalled facebook yet the facebook calendar is still there.
    03-25-09 04:26 PM
    Check my post here http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ou...lendar-190087/

I was sure the facebook calendar had something to do with me not being able to sync my calendar with outlook, I tried everything to remove it but even uninstalling the facebook app would not get rid of it. I wiped the device completely in the end then re-loaded the OS and apps without facebook which was the only way I could get rid of the facebook calendar.

Turns out I was wrong the facebook calendar was not the cause of my issue as I have re-installed it and I am now syncing flawlessly with outlook

To sum up if you want the facebook calendar deleted you will (unless anybody knows different ) have to wipe the device.

Going slightly off topic I think the BETA facebook floating around is far from perfect and the cause of many issues at the moment hence the delay in release, but hey that's another thread.

Hope this helps.
    03-25-09 05:10 PM
    Check my post here http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ou...lendar-190087/

I was sure the facebook calendar had something to do with me not being able to sync my calendar with outlook, I tried everything to remove it but even uninstalling the facebook app would not get rid of it. I wiped the device completely in the end then re-loaded the OS and apps without facebook which was the only way I could get rid of the facebook calendar.

Turns out I was wrong the facebook calendar was not the cause of my issue as I have re-installed it and I am now syncing flawlessly with outlook

To sum up if you want the facebook calendar deleted you will (unless anybody knows different ) have to wipe the device.

Going slightly off topic I think the BETA facebook floating around is far from perfect and the cause of many issues at the moment hence the delay in release, but hey that's another thread.

Hope this helps.
    But how do you explain the fact that almost everyone that has downloaded facebook 1.5 is having sync problems with the calendar. It has to be something about facebook
    03-27-09 01:53 PM
    Yes very well could and probably is a facebook issue but as I say a wipe and re-install has allowed me to sync with outlook calendar and use facebook calendar
    03-27-09 03:40 PM
    Yes very well could and probably is a facebook issue but as I say a wipe and re-install has allowed me to sync with outlook calendar and use facebook calendar
    And you're using facebook 1.5?
    03-27-09 04:01 PM
    Yes , facebook 1.5. As I posted I was sure the facebook app was my problem with outlook calendar sync. To be sure I made sure my berry sync'd OK with out facebook after the wipe which it did, and to be doubly sure I installed facebook 1.5 again fully expecting outlook calendar not to sync and that I would have ti wipe again.........but as I say it just worked and is still working.

Hope this helps:-)
    03-27-09 04:05 PM
    Yes , facebook 1.5. As I posted I was sure the facebook app was my problem with outlook calendar sync. To be sure I made sure my berry sync'd OK with out facebook after the wipe which it did, and to be doubly sure I installed facebook 1.5 again fully expecting outlook calendar not to sync and that I would have ti wipe again.........but as I say it just worked and is still working.

Hope this helps:-)

So, a complete wipe and restore supposedly will solve the problem?
    Thanks a lot!
    03-27-09 04:14 PM
    Not guaranteed (but then again nothing is) but yes worked for me 1st time.

WIPE - REINSTALL OS WITHOUT FACEBOOK - MAKE SURE CALENDER SYNCS - RE-INSTALL FACEBOOK - CHECK SYNC AGAIN.

Good luck!
    03-27-09 04:17 PM
    The problem with Facebook is that it doesn't add a service book. This is why it doesn't give you the option to change it as the default in the Default Services (Options > Advanced > Default Services).

Today, I put my phone on an enterprise server and now I have two options, Desktop (BES) and GMail Calendar. This is after I deleted facebook... and now, when I sync with Google Sync it syncs to whatever calendar is selected in Default Services.

If Facebook DID add a service book when installed, you would be able to change your default service and sync to whatever calendar you wanted.

My biggest issue with this is that Google sync was syncing to the facebook calendar but I couldn't change the default service to the facebook calendar so my today theme wouldn't show any events on the home screen.

I hope this all makes sense to those of you having issues. For me, I won't be installing anymore Facebook until they make it add a service book. It's too bad because I really liked the contact sync feature facebook 1.5 has to offer.
    03-27-09 05:00 PM
    Exactly right, no CICAL service book to delete! hence a wipe being the only way to get rid.
    03-27-09 05:02 PM
    I"ll give it a try
    03-27-09 05:05 PM
    Jmajluf, Hi just replying to your PM on the thread incase it helps anybody else., just to show you below are 2 screenshots 1 of facebook 1.5 installed with the calendar active and another screenshot of successful sync'ing with outlook.

OK in your PM you say you wiped your device but facebook calendar is still there?? If this is the case you may have wiped incorrectly as a wipe is exactly that a complete wipe of the handheld so that NOTHING installed on the handheld, not even required modules for the handheld to work let alone a 3rd party app (facebook) How exactly did you wipe the device?? I have posted a link on the correct way to wipe the device also below. Hope this helps you out and you get it sorted!! I know how annoying it was for me.

One final thought also, how many email accounts have you on your berry? Make sure the correct one is selected in default services - OPTIONS - ADVANCED OPTIONS - DEFAULT SERVICES.

Also I have read on other forums delete the calendar service books that
    apply to calendar that you do not want to sync, the calendar service books are titled CICAL delete all but the CICAL service book that applies to the calendar you want to sync, as I say just things I have read and some say have worked.........Good luck!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

03-28-09 07:32 AM
    thanks bodisaffa
    now i got rid of facebook but i still have that "default" calendar which is different to the one set in options...
    03-28-09 12:11 PM
    I had two calendars after a os upgrade and then a synch and the only way I could get rid of one of the calendars was to delete all the entries in my calendar for the calendar I wanted to delete. It was a pain but I was able to do it. I wish there was a better way.
    Ytee
    03-28-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD