So I am desperate need of some help here ..

My Rogers 8900 magically (read: no drop, abuse, etc.) stopped working. By that I mean that the phone is on, but none of the buttons work. The only way that i can get my screen to come to life is by plugging it into power to have it come on for a short while. The trackball would still work to scroll but not click untill I tried a new OS, and now it wont even scroll. Does anyone know how this might have happened, or more importantly how to fix this issue. I have tried batter pulls, new os's, etc but nothing seems to work. The phone will not be under warantee as i have modified it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    07-05-09 01:35 PM
    Sounds like a water damage issue. Since you do not have a warranty, I would recommend that order a new keyboard / trackball assembly from cnn.cn and replace it in your device. Good Luck.
    07-05-09 01:41 PM
    I suspect that the battery is totally dead, or fried.

I would try a battery pull, the turn it off as soon as it boots. Then plug it into the charger and leave it for several hours. Check the battery cover while it is charging to see if it is getting too hot.

If the battery is completely dead, it won't charge while turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 01:47 PM
    thanks guys .. this all sounds like very bad news .. but what do yah do i suppose .. thanks again ..
    07-05-09 01:57 PM
    If u think its the battery take ur battery out and plug ur bb into urp computer using a usb cable that will act as battery so leave the batery out while u plug it in

07-05-09 03:27 PM
    assuming that this is infact water damage, is there anything that can be done ??
    07-08-09 12:30 AM
    Buy the internal board for the 8900 with keyboard setup if sure you need by googling it or ebay. It may be pricey or just call blackberry and take claim on your warranty!

07-08-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD