There is a little dent on the face of my 8900. its circled in red in the picture right next to the led indicator. It is super annoying. Hard to see unless at certain angles.

Can that black piece be replaced? Anyone know what type of shop can do it. I dont trust my phone with just any hole in the wall. I am in LA.

I hope this does not void my warranty.

Thanks for your help.
    07-06-09 12:42 AM
    That is the second easiest part to fix on the phone - next to the battery door. The issue is that you need to remove the 2 top silver screws on the top of your device but the left one is covered by the warranty sticker. If you remove that warranty sticker, then your warranty is void. Once you remove those two screws, the part that is dented comes right off. The next thing you need to do is screw the new part back in place. Cnn.cn has the parts so check them out.

P.S. Cnn.cn is currently down for maintenance but that should be temporary.
    07-06-09 12:45 AM
    thank you very much for a quick reply. i will try that asap. thanks again.
    07-06-09 12:51 AM
    i have found many blackberry parts on ebay. have you had any experience buying these type of parts from ebay? they are a little cheaper too.
    07-06-09 08:30 PM
    07-06-09 08:33 PM
    07-06-09 09:25 PM
    I have been trying to search on here but unable to find any meaningful results. Is there a way to change the BB screen / glass? I've scratched mine over a recent holiday and it bugs me to no end. To the point I'm considering sticking this one on ebay and paying for a new one.
    07-07-09 09:03 AM
    I have been trying to search on here but unable to find any meaningful results. Is there a way to change the BB screen / glass? I've scratched mine over a recent holiday and it bugs me to no end. To the point I'm considering sticking this one on ebay and paying for a new one.
    In short, no. The glass you see is part of the LCD assembly itself. If you scratch this, you will need to replace the entire LCD on the device.
    07-07-09 01:35 PM
    BTW, if you slowly AND gently peel the sticker back, you can get it off in one piece. All you have to do is just place it back over the screw hole when finished.
    07-07-09 03:44 PM
    Keep in mind that most (or all) places that sell the top piece DO NOT INCLUDE the metal earpiece speaker grill. You'll have to transfer that, along with any foam pieces, from the the old one to the new piece.

I just did it myself yesterday... the metal grill is VERY difficult to pry off. Be careful not to dent it like I did
    07-07-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD