Im looking to get a new blackberry, can anyone who has used the storm and curve let me know their opinions of the two? Which one they would recommend and why?
    03-07-09 12:15 AM
    Well it's a total different atmosphere. Touch vs. keyboard. Honestly it's SUCH a difference that this will most likely be the fundamental decision. Try them both and see which feels better for you.

Also browse gsmarena and see the specs to compare each one and see which supports your needs better
    03-07-09 12:19 AM
    Also, the storm is only available on verizon, that should factor in your decision too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:37 AM
    I would recommend the curve because the full keyboard itself allows you to type better without having a mistake because you know what you are pressing, but also you don't need to worry about ruining the screen because on the storm, it messes up the touch screen capability. And there are a couple of threads here that people came from storms and iphones and prefer the 8900s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 02:07 AM
    let me just say the storm sucks, i work at a mobile phone store one of the most hype and crapped phones ever, so bad there trying to sell it as buy 1 get 1 free for just 129 with no rebate thats a deal! but its slow and not that responsive in my opinion!ive had all the high end phone but once i got the 8320 i got hooked with blackberry, just got me the 8900 and its E-mazing =)
    03-07-09 05:17 AM
    Well, Im with verizon, so those are my two options. Does the curve have a full internet browser like the storm does?
    03-07-09 10:47 AM
    If you are staying with Verizon then the 8900 is not an option for you. It is a GSM device and your carrier is CDMA.
    03-07-09 11:11 AM
    There is no question, the 8900! The storm is cool and all, but the "clicking screen" was a bad idea. It takes incredibly too long to get used to and even when you do, you are aggravated by how many mistakes you have made while typing. The blackberry was made for staying in touch and e-mail. I think the storm kind of forgot that and tried to appeal too much to the "iPhone users" and they took their eyes off their loyal customers. Having an ACTUAL keyboard is, for lack of a better word, priceless. You will thank yourself later if you switch over from Verizon and go with the 8900, since they do not carry it.

The 8900 is the TRUE Blackberry between the two.

and yes the 8900 DOES have a full web browser....not the best, I may suggest getting Opera Mini...but it is personal preference on that.
    Last edited by Cameronbnp; 03-07-09 at 11:22 AM.
    03-07-09 11:19 AM
    i prefer 8900

i get annoyed when i type slow and unsure
    03-07-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD