View Poll Results: Curve owners: Will you upgrade to the Javelin/8900?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like what I've read about the 8900!

94 84.68%
  • No, I'm happy with my Curve.

9 8.11%
  • Not sure.

8 7.21%
12-12-08 10:15 AM
38 12
tools
    I've got the vzw 8330 and won't be getting anything smaller than this curve already is. I'm sick of the midgetberrys and just can't see buying a new phone even a micromillimeter smaller than this postage stamp.
    If enough people pass up this 8900, I wonder if someone at RIM will start reading the many posts I see about people wanting more real estate iow a bigger keyboard/screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 08:51 PM
    YA Hurry T-Mob

I don't know how long my 8320 will last

Tired of all these damn reboots
    12-03-08 09:17 PM
    when it gets to 100 bucks
    12-04-08 04:40 PM
    I am without a doubt getting the 8900 the minute its released on Tmobile. There's no reason not to.
    12-04-08 06:09 PM
    Have an upgrade coming early next year and definitely looking at the 8900!
    12-08-08 02:06 AM
    i can't wait
    12-08-08 04:17 PM
    I love my 8320 with the updated OS- January 3rd will be a year with my first, and certainly not last, BB. I even posted a thread about how happy I was and wasn't thinking of upgrading..

but that's before I played with the Bold and Storm.. read all the comments..

and got "the itch".

I want my 8900! C'mon T-Mo!!
    12-08-08 07:59 PM
    so damn torn between the Bold and the Javelin...I've been eligible since November 1st...and my 8310 is almost at the end of its life-span =(...love the Bold, hate that you can't turn off 3G...I don't need it that much, think I'll go w/the Javelin, but i'll compare side by side once it is ever released in the US *crosses fingers*
    12-09-08 12:02 AM
    I have had the pearl. curve, storm and yes I am hoping I can get the 8900. Thing is I have to get it either on sprint or att. Unless I put my storm on Att and put the 8900 on my Verizon account. I do not want to give up my Storm and my sprint has my Pearl. My Att is the black jack II which I am willing to part with in a heart beat.
    12-09-08 01:10 PM
    I got my Curve in Feb. and I love it! I can't seem to put it down for more then 30 minutes unless I'm a sleep ever since I got it. But I have an upgrade that I've been saving for the 8900 for a while now. I'm def switching because the 8900 is like a super 8320 right? So why not get the better one? Plus I'm a BB user all the way now. I've never been happier with a cell phone.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.110
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.174
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:59 AM
    I won't be eligible for an upgrade for quite some time, but if I find a good price on the Javelin, I might just buy it and sell my Curve.
    12-11-08 10:55 PM
    I just switched to the 8900, omg! what a sweet device! Having come from the 8320 and being used to wifi but missing the gps - I figured I'd pay the upgrade price (quoted at $599) to get the latest curve... and after just a few hours I must say the device certainly rocks and is definitely worth the (overpriced?) upgrade price!

My pros:
    1. The screen is brilliant!
    2. The camera takes great pictures... like I mean great!
    3. GPS and WIFI
    4. This thing is blazing fast on browsing and downloads!
    5. 3G? - somehow this thing is faster than my brief Bold trial weekend
    6. I absolutely Loved my Curve and could not imagine a better form factor.... This is definitely the NEW Curve - and yes it feels even better!
    7. The apps are evolved, they all seem to have been enriched and feel better too (may be the faster device)

My Cons:
    1. ROGER$ are sooooo disorganized, the guy quoted me $599 + tax - the enclosed paperwork says I'll be charged $649 + 35 activation + tax... if I don't see the original quoted cost on my bill next month I'll promptly send the awesome device back!!!! it's the principle - I'll acquire one via other channels instead.
    2. not crazy about the change to seesaw buttons around the track ball - you end up having to press towards the extreme edge of the button to get a predictable response and they are so smooth/glossy which isn't satisfying to press :/
    3. further to the bb and back buttons experience, while pressing these keys and clicking track ball I frequently get a battery door click - almost like there's a void space and pressing the buttons on the front causes the door to push in also and leave me wondering if the door is on correctly (which certainly appears to be)
    4. micro USB? um, why? perhaps it's the future.... or perhaps there's some cable lobby group - either way ... leaves me with a bad taste in my wallet (our household has 5 devices and a at least 15 wires with mini USB ends...) - at least if they included an adapter I'd suspect they were thinking about ME!
    5. that sleeve RIM gives you a very cute, once you insert your device 10,000 times it's actually functional too!

and that's my instant analysis on the Javelin!
    Last edited by rocmon; 12-12-08 at 08:59 AM.
    12-12-08 08:57 AM
    Lets go T-mo...I cant wait anymore!!! jonesing bad...
    12-12-08 10:15 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD