So I know this is Crackberry so obviously everyone is partial to Blackberrys, and I've been a die hard fan for ages, but with so many new smartphones on the market, I need some help deciding what phone to buy next....I have TMobile and its either stick with BB and get the Curve 8900 (I currently have the Curve 8320 and love it!), or go into unknown territory and spring for the either the HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Memoir, or the myTouch 3G.

All of these are kinda pricey with this economy so I really need to make a smart decision before making this purchase. Thanks all for any help!!!!
    12-18-09 05:29 PM
    its either get an 8900 or the mytouch 3g since android has been becoming a contender in the mobile OS field and the blackberry OS has been improving significantly in every version, I am now waiting for the official release of 5.0! can't wait for the threaded sms
    12-18-09 05:45 PM
    its either get an 8900 or the mytouch 3g since android has been becoming a contender in the mobile OS field and the blackberry OS has been improving significantly in every version, I am now waiting for the official release of 5.0! can't wait for the threaded sms
    what do u mean by u cant wait for threaded sms? even now the leak 5.0 (the latest being.402) already has the threaded sms option installed and i guess, theres no need to wait for official release of 5.0 when the leak OS-es are already good enough.

anyway, lauren, in terms of buying a new smartphone, i think u better check out Kevin's latest article. It'll help u decide which is the best
    12-18-09 06:04 PM
    Can you post a link to that article? Thanks!
    12-18-09 06:11 PM
    Can you post a link to that article? Thanks!
    its in the front page of this website.

CrackBerry Kevins Hierarchy of Smartphone Needs, Smartphone Round Robin | CrackBerry.com
    12-18-09 06:14 PM
    what do u mean by u cant wait for threaded sms? even now the leak 5.0 (the latest being.402) already has the threaded sms option installed and i guess, theres no need to wait for official release of 5.0 when the leak OS-es are already good enough.

anyway, lauren, in terms of buying a new smartphone, i think u better check out Kevin's latest article. It'll help u decide which is the best
    I know the leak OS 5.0 has it already but I don't want to take risk of upgrading and downgrading again because it takes a long time doing that, im better off upgrading using the desktop manager with an official firmware just to be sure
    12-18-09 06:30 PM
    Well, you have a point, 5.0 IS still Beta.
    12-19-09 01:34 PM
    Beta only means a Carrier hasnt officially installed it on all their phones. It doesnt really mean anything.

But Lauren, different smartphones are for different uses. From what i have seen, Blackberries are mainly for communication and general productivity, while android and other OS's are going for fun and games. Personally I need a Blackberry to keep my life in order.
    12-19-09 03:32 PM
    Beta only means a Carrier hasnt officially installed it on all their phones. It doesnt really mean anything.

But Lauren, different smartphones are for different uses. From what i have seen, Blackberries are mainly for communication and general productivity, while android and other OS's are going for fun and games. Personally I need a Blackberry to keep my life in order.
    i agree on that, blackberry are for general communication and organization with the bonus of multimedia in their new line of phones, the good thing about the new models is that it incorporates and improve the entertainment aspect of owning a mobile phone, the use of wifi and the 16-32gb micro sd support is a big bonus to blackberry, its like having the best of both worlds while being professional at the same time.
    12-19-09 05:08 PM
    I like a good mix of general purposes and some fun and games, but I don't need a portable game system lol. I just wanted to ask opinions on here because all the reviews of each phone I find are so technical in the explanations and I have no idea what any of it means....I don't even really understand what on earth an "android" even is besides some sort of OS.

The one single thing I use the most on my BB is definitely the internet, I am rarely at home able to use my laptop so I'm always using the web browser on my phone. I guess then the question would be for the internet specifically what would be better for me?
    12-20-09 02:57 AM
    Well first things first.. Dont get the memoir it runs on windows mobile witch is currently the worst mobile os out.. So next the HTC PRO2 is on windows mobile to but with a lot of advancements nd with the Sense UI from the HTC Hero so it looks amazing and runs blazing fast.. Now the mytouch 3g which i used to own about 3 weeks back the phone is amazing sleek looks good and very customizable but thats if your into rooting and maybe have a chance of bricking your phone with no way to recover it like a blackberry.. Now the blackberry its smooth nd fast nd sleek just the 8900 runs on EDGE if it had 3G aka the 9700 it would be perfect.. So they all have there advantages if u want a phone for apps the blackberry doesnt cut it get the mytouch if u want to have a good clean keyboard that u can use email, im's, and etc get the bb.. If you just want to have a superfast nd good looking phone get the HTC PRO2
    12-20-09 10:57 AM
    It doesnt really mean anything.
    Oh really? Seriously? *sarcasm intended*
    Oh, well. I'll just leave it at that.
    I guess the word "beta" means nothing to you.
    12-21-09 06:07 AM
    Well if your looking to get something other than a blackberry and don't mind typing without a physical keyboard then I would say go with the mytouch. It has a lot of apps to keep you busy (not as much as the iphone but decent enough). As far as the touch pro 2, it has the best keyboard I've ever used on any phone, although I wound up returning it because windows mobile just didn't do it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by aMpLiFiEr; 12-21-09 at 11:26 AM.
    12-21-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD