Does anyone know the latest if they are still considering bringing the Blackberry Curve 8900 to at&t?
    01-21-09 07:21 PM
    The 8900 is exclusive to T-Mo for release in the US but the thing is we do not know how long it will be exclusive for. Nothing definate announced on whether At&t will release this device. We hope they do.
    01-21-09 07:27 PM
    01-21-09 07:29 PM
    There were no At&t branded 8900's on display at CES. Every one was T-Mo branded. I looked at them all. And none where connected to wifi.
    01-21-09 07:35 PM
    The 8900 is exclusive to T-Mo for release in the US but the thing is we do not know how long it will be exclusive for. Nothing definate announced on whether At&t will release this device. We hope they do.
    Garz- from what you have seen in the past, how long do these exclusivity periods usually last? I know there is no way of knowing how long the 8900 will be exclusive to T-Moble yet, but do these periods usually last a month, 90 days, etc.?
    01-21-09 07:49 PM
    Garz- from what you have seen in the past, how long do these exclusivity periods usually last? I know there is no way of knowing how long the 8900 will be exclusive to T-Moble yet, but do these periods usually last a month, 90 days, etc.?
    They can vary. It could be 30, 60, 90 days. Maybe even longer but I wish I knew more.
    01-21-09 07:52 PM
    So, it will most likely be a while before it hits ATT. You would think the 8900 would make it there eventually after seeing the ATT branded one. Yet, I am not so sure anymore.
    01-21-09 08:00 PM
    I have never seen them say it is exclusive to T-Mobile. I have only seen that only T-Mobile is releasing it for the time being. Where did you see that it is exclusive to it? Lets not forget how long it took at&t to release the Bold when it should have been released months before.
    01-21-09 08:45 PM
    I have never seen them say it is exclusive to T-Mobile. I have only seen that only T-Mobile is releasing it for the time being. Where did you see that it is exclusive to it? Lets not forget how long it took at&t to release the Bold when it should have been released months before.
    They did talk about T-Mobile's exclusive... and I'm fairly sure it was in the thread CX linked to above.

Also, AT&T issue with the Bold was all about the 3G effect on their network... the 8900 will not have that issue since it does not have 3G.

Sorry, it was in this article: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/sa...mobile-140491/
    Last edited by fatboy97; 01-22-09 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Added other AT&T link
    01-22-09 05:50 AM
    Thanks fatboy97 but that's just a thread stating it is exclusive to t-mobile, there is no article from t-mobile or another site stating it is exclusive to t-mobile. Usually it says it everywhere, and for some reason it is hard for me to find.

What is this I hear about a Curve8920 for at&t which is supposedly the 3g version of the 8900 and possibly touchscreen? Is this info legit?
    01-22-09 04:30 PM
    I talked to all the RIM people at CES two weeks ago and when it is released, they said it will be exclusive to carrier T-Mo at its release in the USA. RIM is not going to give me false info on that. Now the thing that I stated before, how long will it be exclusive to T-Mo in the USA??? RIM refused to answer that. I think that clearly answers your question.
    Last edited by Garz; 01-22-09 at 04:54 PM.
    01-22-09 04:50 PM
    Thanks fatboy97 but that's just a thread stating it is exclusive to t-mobile, there is no article from t-mobile or another site stating it is exclusive to t-mobile. Usually it says it everywhere, and for some reason it is hard for me to find.

What is this I hear about a Curve8920 for at&t which is supposedly the 3g version of the 8900 and possibly touchscreen? Is this info legit?
    Sorry, but you really need to read what some of the Forum Moderators are talking about here... they know what they are talking about... and when Garz talks to RIM reps at CES and they say TMO has an exclusive, they have an exclusive.
    01-22-09 04:58 PM
    Hey guys, I misunderstood when i read Garz's response in the other thread and didn't realize that he spoke to them at CES, it seemed as it said RIM and CES, so i thought he meant he spoke to them on the phone or something. Yes I know the moderators know what they are talking about, sorry for the misinterpretation. Thanks Garz.
    01-22-09 09:21 PM
    AT&T??? They're STILL in business?

LOL I kid.... I kid....
    01-22-09 09:29 PM
    RIM and AT&T are being unusually quiet these days devices in their pipelines. Not surprising when you look at the Bold launch.
    Last edited by walds11; 01-23-09 at 04:04 AM.
    01-23-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD