I lllllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeed by original Curve but I could not wait for T Mobile to get it together so I jumped to Verizon and the Storm which I did not like at first but it is now the best phone I have ever owned.

I tried the 8900 the other day and it seemed like a faster Curve, with awesome screen reso. I guess my question is, those that have bought it, why did you go with the 8900 and not the Storm? (Lets keep it civil, we are all Berry users)
    03-07-09 05:40 PM
    I hated the on-screen keyboard on the Storm. I felt it wasn't as fast as a physical QWERTY.

Also, Verizon data plans are more expensive, and the Storm doesn't have Wi-Fi. Your GPS is also locked as well...there's just not as much freedom.

I love my 8900 and would never switch to a Storm.
    03-07-09 05:45 PM
    I tried the Storm when it first came out, and I tried soooo hard to like it

Even several OS updates later it was still slow and buggy compared to the 8900 out of the box.

I couldn't get used to the clickable touchscreen for typing, the lack of WiFi, or the abysmal reception and battery life.

Those are my reasons... and I'm sticking to em
    03-07-09 05:50 PM
    I knew my contract would end with Tmo in Oct 08. So I started looking at bbs to replace my Pearl. The Bold was too big, the Storm, I don't like touch, and there was the Jav! I almost went with the 8120 and then the 8220. Glad I waited!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 05:53 PM
    Okay, I have the Storm. It's a heavy hunk of phone but I absolutely love it. As has been said many, many times on these forums, typing on it is an interesting experience! I now can belt out an email/text pretty quick. I held the 8900 the other day and played with it. It feels absolutely tiny in comparison. As a former 8310 user I have to say the Curve is more straightforward than the Storm, but if you're up for a challenge and have the time to spend getting used to it, the Storm is great.
    03-07-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD