i was at a party last nite and i noticed that the host was controlling his itunes on his mac with his iphone, is there any way the BB can do the same?????
    07-07-09 02:37 PM
    I don't think so, the BB doesn't support itunes, the person probably just had the audio out plugged into their computer speakers, which you can do with the music on your BB.
    07-07-09 03:32 PM
    I don't think so, the BB doesn't support itunes, the person probably just had the audio out plugged into their computer speakers, which you can do with the music on your BB.
    no untrue
    the iphone has a remote featre in which you can connect the iphone directly to your itunes through wi-fi and you can control the music playing from it...from your phone!
    sweet feature...i've always wanted it on the BB but I do just as well with the Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop..which I have always plugged in to my bigger speakers!
    07-07-09 04:41 PM
    Alright...well the part about the BB not being able to do this is still true.
    07-07-09 05:05 PM
    the thing is that it works on wi-fi, so i think it should be possible....
    07-07-09 06:22 PM
    The 8900 should be able to control a media player natively over bluetooth. The A/V Remote Control profile should allow it to control a media player using only the berry, but I have not been able to find a driver to get it to work. I have no problems getting a SE TM506 to control my Vista laptop. This feature also allows you to control powerpoint presentations over bluetooth.

There are also third party apps that might be able to do it. Not sure with a mac, but for windows there is Vectir and BluCtrl

Another way would be to use an itunes web interface over wifi with a skin optimized for a mobile device. Ive never done it, but maybe google can help.
    07-07-09 07:06 PM
    My 8900 can control my itunes using Mobimouse.

I sync'd the right convenience key to turn on itunes and use the track ball to operate the mouse
    07-07-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD