12-16-08 02:38 PM
32 12
tools
    Just read about 2 new BB's in the works. And they are EXACTLY what I want!!!

hardware keyboard, touchscreen screen - hybrids of the Storm and Bold (Pluto) and Storm and Curve II (Magnum). Both with 3G and WiFi...

BlackBerry Magnum and Pluto - touch screen BlackBerry clarification at QuicklyBored

Let's see what comes out from RIM in the next year.

I think I'm glad I returned my Storm and got a nice reliable Curve to sit tight with until these new super-candies come out!!!
    that makes feel a little better about going to back to my Q as I only have to deal with it for like a year. (hopefully)
    12-15-08 01:03 AM
    who will be getting the vzw version of the bold over the curve????? if my sources are right the vzw version of the bold will be coming out sometime early next year
    12-16-08 09:06 AM
    what are your sources?

And yes, I cant wait! I got the curve on May 9th for verizon and its been a great device. But my phone is always a little laggy when it comes to messaging. I really, really, want the faster processor speeds and increased memory of the bold.
    12-16-08 11:51 AM
    Verizon Bold all the way for me. I have one on AT&T and love it, really only needs to be on Verizon for reception.
    12-16-08 01:56 PM
    Had the Storm, returned it.

Loved it when it worked. Will wait a year and revisit. Too many bugs. The touchscreen was awesome and easy to type on and the software design was amazing. It just didn't ALWAYS work the way it was supposed to.

And my big issue with it was something no one else seams to complain about... When the virtual keyboard is up, your usable screen drops down to around 3-4 lines of text...

Got a curve and lovin it. I wish I could have gotten the 8900 instead since the only major difference to me is speed. The processor and Rev-A make a HUGE difference!!! It just kills me to buy a model when I KNOW the newer/better model of the same phone is out and available (just not on my network - as usual)...

I could not agree more. I had the Storm and returned it for the same reasons. Went back to the Curve, had it custom colored and will wait for the 8900 when Verizon drops it.

I think the 8900 will be out for Verizon by next X-mas and I think it will have Rev-A when it comes. Nothing to prove that, but my gut tells me things (especially after a big Mexican meal!!!).

And I have to admit that while I would always prefer WiFi, the Rev-A Storm was pretty damn fast on the web for my needs. Images in E-mails pulled up super fast and sites where live and going in a few seconds. WiFi would be better, but Rev-A was pretty damn good!

The one thing I have to admit is that after the Storm, I have new respect for Verizon's always getting phones WAY after everyone else... I would rather wait and let T-mobile, Rogers, ATT, etc. test the crap out of the thing so when I finally get it I know the thing will ALWAYS work the way it is supposed to...

I'm sure RIM and VZW will get it down in the next few months - and when they do that thing will be killer!!! But it's nice to know they are still working on producing some great improvements on their original design for those who want it (and there are a LOT of us).

-Matt
    I absolutely agree. I had a Strom and returned it for the same reasons. I went back to the Curve, having it custom colored and will go for the 8900 when VZW releases it.
    12-16-08 02:16 PM
    I went to a vzw kiosk at circuit city and fiddled with the storm. It did not really live up to my expectations. It could have been because it was on display, and many a times those phones are abused. I would still wait for the 8900 and compare.

2 cents
    12-16-08 02:31 PM
    has anyone forgotten that blackberrys are business oriented? who wants to pay for data charges oversees. thats why wifi is nice to have. Also, you can get UMA calling which is free long distance across the world from anywhere and it comes in clearer. Wifi is definitely a plus.
    12-16-08 02:38 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD