Hello,

I am beyond frustrated and multiple phone calls to AT&T, RIM and my company's IT service desk have not helped. SURELY this has to be an easy fix?

My company emailed me the password to activate my enterprise server on my Blackberry. I've had the BB for several months and until now used it just for my personal gmail email.

I have the appropriate service plan with AT&T for Enterprise Service.

My administrator has supposedly set me up with a license and I received a password.

When I ran the activation the first time, I got some kind of message saying that it had been activated and then I got a "new message" icon on my desktop, the same icon I get when I have a new personal email on my Bberry.

However, there is NO new message in my inbox. There is no new text message. Apparently I got some new message relating to the enterprise server activation but I CANNOT FIND IT. I know for a fact that it is not a personal email or SMS message since I deleted all of the messages. It is somewhere but I do not know where!!

No one seems to know how to fix this. I'm thinking I just need to get to this mysterious message and click on a link in it or something to get the activation processed. Any ideas??

TIA!
    04-05-10 09:35 AM
    How long did you wait to set up your account? Has your password expired, I know ours expire in a couple of days and we have to have a new one to activate. Use desktop Manager to clear the Messages database and start from scratch.
    04-05-10 09:42 AM
    Good call. Turns out my password DID expire, but the reason it didn't work the first time was that they didn't provide me with a server name....they reset my password, gave me the server name and then the activation worked.

However....I still have the new message indicator showing four new messages (and every time someone sends me a work email that number goes up) but there are no work emails in my usual inbox.

So the emails are clearly getting to my blackberry SOMEWHERE but I don't know where. AT&T told me that my work emails would show up in my normal inbox along with my personal emails but they are not there.

Any ideas???

Thanks again....
    04-05-10 10:45 AM
    Good call. Turns out my password DID expire, but the reason it didn't work the first time was that they didn't provide me with a server name....they reset my password, gave me the server name and then the activation worked.

However....I still have the new message indicator showing four new messages (and every time someone sends me a work email that number goes up) but there are no work emails in my usual inbox.

So the emails are clearly getting to my blackberry SOMEWHERE but I don't know where. AT&T told me that my work emails would show up in my normal inbox along with my personal emails but they are not there.

Any ideas???

Thanks again....
    First try and clear out all your messages folder, goto messages and click the menu button and goto view folders. See if you have any messages in there if not connect to DM and go into restore/back up then goto advanced and plug your drvice in and on the left under device databases you will clear the Messages databases, this will clear all emails and notifications.
    04-05-10 10:55 AM
    Problem solved. The new, work messages were going into a brand new folder that was deposited in my "Applications" folder. I moved the messages folder to my desktop and now know where the messages are. Thanks!
    04-06-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD