I just got a BB8900 that was on a BB enterprise plan with T-mobile with the previous owner. Now i want to go on the web how can i do that?
    08-23-09 08:12 PM
    Open Internets Explorers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:52 PM
    Open your browser and go.
    08-23-09 09:39 PM
    If it says edge, then you cannot use internet. If it says EDGE, then you can.

The difference is that with EDGE, you have a data plan with your carrier and the phone is "logged in" to the data network.
    08-24-09 03:13 AM
    If you don't have a Blackberry Plan then you cannot use the internet while traveling. You can however use WIFI(wireless internet)

Click the Blackberry Key>Settings>Setup Wizard> Wifi
    08-24-09 03:16 AM
    If it says edge, then you cannot use internet. If it says EDGE, then you can.

The difference is that with EDGE, you have a data plan with your carrier and the phone is "logged in" to the data network.
    If you don't have a Blackberry Plan then you cannot use the internet while traveling. You can however use WIFI(wireless internet)

Click the Blackberry Key>Settings>Setup Wizard> Wifi
    False. You can connect with just edge. EDGE connects you to all the data services such as MSN, Facebook, BBM and etc. I'm on a regular dumbphone webbrowsing plan and I am able to surf the net on my 8520 & 8900 no problem with edge
    08-24-09 09:25 AM
    False. You can connect with just edge. EDGE connects you to all the data services such as MSN, Facebook, BBM and etc. I'm on a regular dumbphone webbrowsing plan and I am able to surf the net on my 8520 & 8900 no problem with edge
    Very odd, I was never able to get anything working with edge. I had to get my carrier to switch it to EDGE before I could even get email.
    08-24-09 10:32 AM
    edge (lowercase) = Voice and SMS only, no data.

EDGE (uppercase) = Voice, SMS and Data
    08-24-09 10:45 AM
    Without a dataplan, you may just be able to access certain data. All of these must be outside blackberry.net. It will probably be quite expensive too since you are using "unagreed" data packets.

One way of doing this is to use a browser such as Opera-Mini and setting up the APN for your carrier and then browsing. I have done this on a pre-paid phone as an emergency measure.

As a general rule, it is as I originally said, you need a data plan from your carrier and that will give tou the EDGE symbol (or, if you are in a poor signal area, GSM).
    08-24-09 01:36 PM
    We may want to confirm this with the Blackberry experts out there before posting any more info about the "edge" vs. "EDGE". I have an ancient $6.99 data plan through T-Mobile (no Blackberry data plan and no wifi), and I'm able to browse the internet without any problems, no matter where I am, as long as I'm in a T-mobile coverage area--doesn't matter if it's the included browser(s) or Opera. I only have the lower case "edge" on my screen. The only thing I can't do is use the Blackberry e-mail services--but for me, Gmail works just fine as a mobile app.
    08-24-09 06:19 PM
    We may want to confirm this with the Blackberry experts out there before posting any more info about the "edge" vs. "EDGE". I have an ancient $6.99 data plan through T-Mobile (no Blackberry data plan and no wifi), and I'm able to browse the internet without any problems, no matter where I am, as long as I'm in a T-mobile coverage area--doesn't matter if it's the included browser(s) or Opera. I only have the lower case "edge" on my screen. The only thing I can't do is use the Blackberry e-mail services--but for me, Gmail works just fine as a mobile app.
    i am so jealous! years ago when i had t-mobile i had the 6.99 tzones as well, and before that $5 mobile web with sprint. too bad i have a habit of switching plans/phones/carriers... i never stick around long enough to benefit from having something grandfathered in. but, i think my 25% discount on my sprint bill is pretty awesome.
    08-24-09 06:47 PM
    I can tell you on Rogers I can do NOTHING data related when I am on lower case edge. This has happened a couple of times for me. No TCP/IP, no BB stuff, no nothing.

Of course text messages come through as they are not data related, but that's it.
    08-24-09 07:22 PM
    how to connect my laptop to internet via my BB curve 8900? my OS is XP SP3
    08-26-09 12:41 PM
    how to connect my laptop to internet via my BB curve 8900? my OS is XP SP3
    Search the "How To" forum for "Tethering".
    08-26-09 12:45 PM
    No, if no BB service (BIS OR BES) youll need at least wi-fi to navigate but no pin
    08-26-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD