Hey y'all,

My bb 8900 camera flash is not working. Does anyone know how i can get it to start working or to check if the flash itself is functional or not?
    02-19-09 01:02 PM
    Fist try a battery pull, that might be all it takes. You can also check to see if the light works by using your video camera. When you launch the video camera app if the light is not on, press the space bar to get it on. I use this all the time as a flashlight.
    02-19-09 01:23 PM
    What os are you running? Mine isn't working on camera either but is on video camera. I'm running .133 with .114 radio.
    02-19-09 06:31 PM
    If the battery pull doesn't work, try installing another OS. If that doesn't fix it, you might have to send it to get it replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:42 PM
    now just outta curiosity is your battery some what low? becuase i drove my self nuts last night trying to figure out why my flash wouldnt go off only to realize it was because the battery was low! i felt special after that
    02-19-09 11:44 PM
    What os are you running? Mine isn't working on camera either but is on video camera. I'm running .133 with .114 radio.
    Im running the .101 OS that came with the device.

A battery pull just fixed the problem. Thanx y'all
    02-20-09 07:20 AM
    Battery pull didn't help but my flash is now working with full battery charge. I new it didn't work when the battery was real low but at the time it wasn't working I had about half battery life. I'll keep an eye on it.
    02-20-09 11:14 AM
    Same thing happened to me and i replaced my 8900. After the new one was on its way it was pointed out that it may be the battery. Try plugging it into a charger and see if it works then. I think mine may have just been screwed though because it was inconsistent (it would work with the battery @ 25% and not at 35%, etc..) Since I upgraded my os on the new one my batt hasnt been getting low enough for me to notice if this is common or not
    02-20-09 11:25 AM
    yeah, it's odd. I was about to have mine replaced too. Other than that oddity it's running flawless.
    02-20-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD