hi there all, need help here...

my pal has a javy and randomly no buttons work, nothing at all
    hes tried a battery pull, it loads then nothing.... any ideas... i know he running original OS so i told him to start from there and see if it works, otherwise does anyone know if this is a common problem? any other recommendations or long shots are much appreciated, thanks!
    08-24-09 01:41 AM
    it's either a hardware failure or might be water damage
    08-24-09 01:54 AM
    Sounds like water damage to me also! What about the trackball does it work still?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 01:58 AM
    guys the spring on the trackball on my wife's jav also didnt work, any ideas how to repair it? or do we have to get hardware repair? Thanks
    08-24-09 02:37 AM
    Sounds like water damage to me also! What about the trackball does it work still?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey there, yeah the trackball is functional, but the buttons work on and off..... either they all work, or none of em
    08-25-09 08:53 PM
    Dissasembli it, the take the keyboard board, separate the membrane clean the circuit and carefully adhere the menbrne again.

the menbrane is not waterproff and when saturated it stop to work.
    08-25-09 09:18 PM
    If you disassemble the device, this is going to void the warranty.

First you can try to take the battery out of the device and put it in a bag of uncooked rice for 3 days. After that, try the device again and see if it will work. This procedure is what you need to do to clean up water in a device. I can't guarantee you that this will fix your problems since it sounds like there already is water damage in that device.

Your next step after this is to try and get a replacement from your carrier - this might require an insurance claim.
    08-25-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD