So I'm on the way to work today and my bb starts getting RED hot. When I finish the call
    And hang up I have no more battery. I took it back to the store and they were happy to give me a new one.
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:06 PM
    What was running at the time besides making a call... did you leave an app or two running???
    07-28-09 05:23 PM
    So I'm on the way to work today and my bb starts getting RED hot. When I finish the call
    And hang up I have no more battery. I took it back to the store and they were happy to give me a new one.
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

are you still experiencing that same problem with the new one? Sounds like it might of been a battery issue if it drained and was getting the unit hot
    07-28-09 05:34 PM
    when did you purchase the phone? were you in the 30 day time period after u bought it, and they gave you a new one?
    07-28-09 06:12 PM
    I've had this problem a couple of times. i just take the battery out and let it cool down for a while.
    07-29-09 02:01 PM
    I only have this problem when I have wifi running. My phone gets super hot & my battery drains like crazy.
    07-29-09 02:34 PM
    Never had my device even get a little bit warm, even with wifi and multiple apps running, def a bad unit/battery

07-29-09 05:03 PM
    Dude ppl are asking you pertinent questions could u answer back, i know its only been 3 minutes ...

Anyway you may have had an app running in the back or been on the call for awhile. BBs tend to get pretty hot. My storm has a brushed metal back its great and sturdy but it conducts heat when im running apps for a long time. Not serious enough for me to take back but good luck.
    07-29-09 05:11 PM
    This just happened to me today but it was because i was on the phone for a long time
    08-03-09 05:55 AM
    This just happened to me today but it was because i was on the phone for a long time
    Nah im on my phone everyday either texting or calling or surfing the web and my phone has not got hot like that. But it could be a app still running and you not noticing. make sure you close your apps when your done using them or your batery will drain.
    08-03-09 10:51 AM
    I took it back to the store and they were happy to give me a new one.
    Apple accused of lowering cone of silence over iPod flame out

Apple has been accused of attempting to gag a traumatised iPod user, whose player burst into flames and tried to go into orbit.

According to The Times, Ken Stanborough, 47, from Liverpool, complained to the firm after his daughter's iPod self-combusted shortly after being dropped.

“It made a hissing noise,” Stanborough said. “I could feel it getting hotter in my hand, and I thought I could see vapour”.

Stanborough, clearly guessing something was up, hurled the MP3 player out of his back door. “Within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff of smoke and it went 10ft in the air,” he said.

Stanborough contacted Apple, and Argos which supplied the device.

Eventually, he claims, Apple wrote to him offering a refund, but denying liability, if the Stanboroughs agreed to a perpetual vow of silence.

Apple accused of lowering cone of silence over iPod flame out € The Register

Our Li-Ion batteries store a huge amount of energy.

If the battery shorts out internally, the results can be dramatic, including explosions and starting fires in automobiles and aircraft.

Fortunately, ours are removable and easily replaced. The other guy, not so much...
    08-03-09 10:57 AM
    No, this has never happened to me. Is it still occuring with your new phone?
    08-03-09 11:23 AM
    I noticed it only once. I had upgraded OS was listening to music and fell asleep with the phone on the bed. Man it was burning hot...but it hasn't happened since.
    08-03-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD