Hi all,

new to the bb scene and just had some questions i hope someone can answer.
    in the browser settings under general, i can choose either tmobile, internet browser, or hotspot

1) are these 3 different browsers (modes). on my homepage i see a browser and a tmobile icon browser. do i have to use a certain one for wifi and another for edge or will whichever browser i'm using auto detect a wifi connection?

2) i played with a friend's 8320 and i liked how it navigated the page using the trackball. with the 8900, i'm not too big a fan of the cursor. is there a way to not use the cursor?

hope someone can give me some feedback.

wis
    03-02-09 03:31 PM
    What do you mean by navigate without the cursor?

I think it doesn't matter which browser you use, I use the non-Tmobile browser for everything.
    03-02-09 03:40 PM
    if i'm not on wifi i use internet browser. if i'm on wifi i have to go into options and switch to hotspot browser.

(using the non-tmobile browser for both)
    03-02-09 03:42 PM
    seems like such a hassle to switch browsers depending on the connection. i think if you have an available wifi connection, it should know to utilize that faster speed of wifi.

as for the browsing of webpages, i remember on the 8320 there was an option to uncheck enable cursor so that you could just scroll down on the page. it would either put you onto a clickable link (word or image) or into a txt field to type into.

also for the 8900, do you guys prefer to view in column view or page view? haven't really noticed a difference. hmmm
    03-02-09 03:52 PM
    Try changing the browser to Page view instead of column view... it changes it completely. Not sure if this is what you are talking about or not.

It is one of the top items under the menu (hit the blackberry button).
    03-02-09 03:52 PM
    Switching the Browser's mode is not a hassle, its a great feature to have. Very flexible. For more information on the different Browser modes, check out the link in my signature.
    03-02-09 04:16 PM
    One more thing to add to the browser questions, do you guys generally set your image quality at low or keep it at the default medium?
    03-02-09 04:52 PM
    aristile: link in ur sig is a deadlink.

clintro: you're right about page view being a lot better. i'll have to google or youtube what i'm referring to regarding the navigation. i guess visually it's like scrolling down the page without the arrow cursor. also the cursor automatically goes links and txt box fields.
    03-02-09 05:00 PM
    considering i'm on edge 95% of the time, i keep the image quality on low.
    03-02-09 05:01 PM
    Also, what is the embedded media box? What will happen to my browser if I disable this function?
    03-02-09 07:02 PM
    aristile: link in ur sig is a deadlink.

clintro: you're right about page view being a lot better. i'll have to google or youtube what i'm referring to regarding the navigation. i guess visually it's like scrolling down the page without the arrow cursor. also the cursor automatically goes links and txt box fields.
    Sorry about that, the links should be working again now.
    03-03-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD