Is there a way to send applications or themes or ringtones over bluetooth or wireless or whatever from my boyfriends phone to mine. He got his blackberry 6 months ago and has all the stuff I want on it.
    06-30-09 01:30 PM
    Nope, sowwey. Ringtones, sure. Everything else, nau uh. Well, wait, you said 'whatever' yes you can transfer simple things like images, music, and get really saucy and perform surgery/backups/restores to get apps and stuff, but it would be quite cumbersome if you have no experience with DM and performing advanced application manuverings.
    Last edited by lazerus; 06-30-09 at 01:51 PM.
    06-30-09 01:36 PM
    You can bluetooth pictures, ringtones and music from phone to phone, but applications and themes you can't do over bluetooth. DM isn't too difficult to use and can be user friendly if you have used it once or twice before.
    The only issue with transfering over bluetooth is you have to do one song or ringtone at a time, if you go through Desktop Manager you can move entire folders in seconds.
    06-30-09 01:49 PM
    awesome! finally, i can get an answer to this! im in india, picked up the 8900 recently. i have a nokia n73 which has a whole host of stuff i wanna transfer to the berry! what's funny is that even though the bluetooth pairing takes place, no amount of attempts at bluetooth transfers between the two phones seem to work. i keep getting 'transfer failed' messages! please gimme some info!!!

cheers!
    07-01-09 06:22 AM
    Err.. I experienced the same thing.. 'Transfer Failed'
    The only difference is my other cell phone is Sony Ericsson W910i, I couldn't transfer my pic from my Sony to My 8900, But I could send My Ringtone From My 8900 to my Sony via bluetooth..
    It's weirdo...
    07-01-09 07:41 AM
    I believe most BB are picky. You really have to fiddle with the privacy settings and make multiple attempts. I'm not even sure I remember being able to do the bluetooth transfer successfully. I think Clint and I might have given up on it even. I almost want to say that you can't bluetooth file transfer to anything other than a BB, but I'm not sure that is true. The best way is to get a miniSD card, put it all on that and transfer it from your other phone to the BB.
    07-01-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD