Had the 8900 Curve since July 09. Since installing the new blackberry messenger my blackberry restarts itself sometimes, when i am either sending a text message, bbm or on msn.

This never really bothered me. Yesterday i thought i'd sync the blackberry with my PC to backup data and also update the software device. I typed in the passcode incorrectly a few times and my blackberry wiped out all programs and information stored on it. Since then it installed the 4.6 firmware.

I managed to get back all lost data and input manually but now it keeps freezing and i have to take out the battery in order to restart the device.

Is there anything i can do or shall i just send the blackberry back for a replacement?

Thanks for your help
    04-23-10 06:45 AM
    that might happen from your OS..
    try to reload 5 ones..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Trkiye,Trke,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    04-23-10 07:14 AM
    Everytime the keypad is locked, it now freezes and i have to remove and then re-insert the battery for it to work again. Would updating the firmware to 5.0 get rid of the problem?
    04-23-10 11:50 AM
    Updating would usually resolve bug issues of previous firmwares. But if you're going to update to the newer OS's after .411, just be aware the the mute key no longer puts the phone on standby. 5.0.0.610, for example (being the latest, leaked), the lock key now locks and puts the phone on standby. A password is required to be enabled if you want to lock the device showing the owner info. You can no longer lock the device like that without it being password protected.

Some people hate it and others love it, me being the latter. I like it because the phone will instantly go to standby. No more standby message then wait a few seconds for the screen to turn off. It goes instantly at one click of the lock button. And when listening to music, you don't have to worry about pausing your music when going into/out of standby ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD