ATT shows 4.6.1.353 as the newest software for the 8900 but my phone shows 4.6.1.114....should i upgrage? Will i have to reload all my third apps after????
    06-17-09 09:42 PM
    where is this?
    06-17-09 09:48 PM
    att.com/bbdownloads
    06-17-09 09:54 PM
    that's the package version...it's really application Applications: 4.6.1.231
    06-17-09 09:56 PM
    ooooh thanks for clearing that up
    06-17-09 09:57 PM
    so, should i download it and will i need to reinstalll 3rd party apps
    06-17-09 10:12 PM
    We cant tell you whether or not you should download the OS as that is up to you. Just because it's on AT&T's website does not mean its official.
    And even if it is, you could always have issues. Do so with caution.

You should not lose any third party applications as they get backed up prior to the OS upgrade.
    06-17-09 10:22 PM
    ok....what if i go here to check for upgrades? Is that official software? And are u sure i dont lose any 3rd party apps and launchers?
    BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    06-17-09 11:04 PM
    We cant tell you whether or not you should download the OS as that is up to you. Just because it's on AT&T's website does not mean its official.
    And even if it is, you could always have issues. Do so with caution.

You should not lose any third party applications as they get backed up prior to the OS upgrade.
    If it is on AT&T's website then it is an official release ... what are you talking about man?

@OP - DO NOT upgrade the OS unless you are completely comfortable with the process. To find the process check my signature for the Upgrade/Downgrade procedure and/or the link to the 101 lectures. Each of those links has the upgrade procedure. Do not do any upgrades until you read the process several times and are comfortable with each step. You can also find the 101 lectures at any time with the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page.
    06-17-09 11:27 PM
    Just because it's on AT&T's website does not mean its official.
    Actually, that's the only reason that makes it official. All the releases are technically official but are considered beta until a provider supports it. There is no difference between .231 beta and .231 official.

EDIT: Ahh I see leaving tabs open on CB always gets my posts beat
    06-17-09 11:34 PM
    ... EDIT: Ahh I see leaving tabs open on CB always gets my posts beat
    You just have to be quick to the trigger. I leave tabs open but all the time!
    06-18-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD